"Sorrento" Sorrento by changeinlatitude
Sorrento Travel Guide: 649 reviews and 1,455 photos
What a great place for people watching and shopping. I took this picture of the shop to give to my mom and dad along with the beautiful hand crafted music box we purchased here. This place is a must when you get there. It is just to the left once you have climbed the gazillion steps up from the port.
Sorrento is a very neat place. It is on my list of places to go back to and stay a while. Tons of shops, restaurants and some very unique historical sites.
Okay, so once you get in port you think, oh this is a nice little port town. Then you see the street lined by the massive wall so you start walking (carefully, they drive a little crazy) and you see the steps. YIKES!!! I lost count on the way up, it had to be a couple hundred, but I am not sure. If you are scared of hights, stay close to the wall and don't look down. Now mind you, I am in pretty good shape, however, by the time we reached the top, I was ready for something cold to drink and take a little rest. It is worth the climb though. When you reach the top, it is a whole world of city life. Cabs, cars and tons of people every where.
Shopping. This is our friend Gayla and me doing what we do best. SHOPPING!! Make sure you get off the beaten path. You will find a whole world of little shops and cafe's.
- Pros:Great shopping
- Cons:Very busy, but that is hardly a con.
- In a nutshell:Love this city. So much to see and great shopping.
changeinlatitude's Related Pages
Sorrento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An excellent base for exploring....."
- "Sorrento - Sunshine by the Sea"
- "Sorrento - Pearl of the Amalfi Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorrento
- Hotels in Sorrento
- Transportation in Sorrento
- Nightlife in Sorrento
- Restaurants in Sorrento
- Shopping in Sorrento
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorrento
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sorrento
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sorrento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorrento
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lake Ozark Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Key West Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reno Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Oklahoma City Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos