"Sorrento" Sorrento by changeinlatitude

Sorrento Travel Guide: 637 reviews and 1,431 photos

Shopping & People Watching

What a great place for people watching and shopping. I took this picture of the shop to give to my mom and dad along with the beautiful hand crafted music box we purchased here. This place is a must when you get there. It is just to the left once you have climbed the gazillion steps up from the port.

Sorrento is a very neat place. It is on my list of places to go back to and stay a while. Tons of shops, restaurants and some very unique historical sites.

It's a long way up.

Okay, so once you get in port you think, oh this is a nice little port town. Then you see the street lined by the massive wall so you start walking (carefully, they drive a little crazy) and you see the steps. YIKES!!! I lost count on the way up, it had to be a couple hundred, but I am not sure. If you are scared of hights, stay close to the wall and don't look down. Now mind you, I am in pretty good shape, however, by the time we reached the top, I was ready for something cold to drink and take a little rest. It is worth the climb though. When you reach the top, it is a whole world of city life. Cabs, cars and tons of people every where.

What we do best

Shopping. This is our friend Gayla and me doing what we do best. SHOPPING!! Make sure you get off the beaten path. You will find a whole world of little shops and cafe's.

• Pros:Great shopping
  • Cons:Very busy, but that is hardly a con.
  • In a nutshell:Love this city. So much to see and great shopping.
  • Last visit to Sorrento: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 5, 2007

Comments

changeinlatitude

“If we weren't crazy we would all go insane.”

Badges & Stats in Sorrento

Have you been to Sorrento?

Latest Activity in Sorrento