"gauhati or guwahti" Gauhati by tranceperent
Gauhati Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 100 photos
The capital of the north-eastern state of assam, gauhati is one of the major city in this corner of india.
majorly a tea growing state, but it has been brought down thanks to the militancy of the ULFA. these people are fighting for their own independent state.
but when i was there, it looked quiet peacefull. people here are nice to chat with
this is the most strange thing i have noticed about assam, there are more wine shops than medical shops here. no wonder people were drinking here almost the whole day.
wierd to see this in this part of india.
another nice feature to see here is the cycle rickshaw. very easy n nice way to see
- Pros:TEA AND ALCOHOL
- In a nutshell:beautiful state
tranceperent's Related Pages
Gauhati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gauhati: The Gateway to Mystic North East"
- "The Beautiful Guwahati"
- "The Gateway to the Northeast"
- "gauhati or guwahti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gauhati
- Hotels in Gauhati
- Transportation in Gauhati
- Restaurants in Gauhati
- Shopping in Gauhati
- Warnings and Dangers in Gauhati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gauhati
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Gauhati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gauhati
Photos in GauhatiSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pune Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Goa Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Kochi Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Surat Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos