"Where I live" Top 5 Page for this destination Ocala by buccaneerbill

Ocala Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 106 photos

Fallin' Down Farm

This is a story of Fallin' Down Farm and the people, critters and other things that live here. First let me clarify at least one thing, we are not really a farm , but because we are surrounded by horse farms we felt the need to have a sign in our front yard, just to "keep up with the joneses". Actually I am retired and am now able to travel more freely than when I was working , however budget constraints still control my wanderings. That and the fact that my wife still works and resents me running around all over the place by myself, she still makes me hold her hand when I cross the street! With my free time I do almost all of our travel planning so I am very interested in any suggestions about places to visit without breaking open the piggy bank. Ocala is such a place and we feel fortunate to live here. this is a photo af a magnolia tree that got blown over in a storm some twenty years ago the limbs staubed into the ground and now the tree grows backwards thus the name. Here are other photos of the farm that are typical of the Ocala area.

Water and wild life

This pond ,located near the houses, is a favorite spot for our neighbors to come and hang out. Among them there egrets, eagles , deer, raccoons,and yes gators. other neighbors include a trucker, agolf pro, a horse farm, and the Ocal a National Forest. There are four furry critters on the place two dogs and two cats other than those we have no livestock or crops.

People that live here

There are six of us that live here full time and severalmore that have flown the nest but still come around regularly. In this photo my wife and I (center) entertain m daughter, two grand daughters, a boyfreind,and a neighbor. There are some 200,000 other people in Marion county , which is larger than Rhode Island, so there is plenty of open space. Our residents are in three general groups, retirees,service industries, and horse farms.
We have no major industries but are nicely located for day trips from and to Orlando, Tampa, Daytona Beach, and The Gulf of Mexcio each of which is only an hour or so away. We have a good many hotels and resturants so it is a reasonable place to stay while one enjoys nearby attractions.

• Pros:The location ans scenic beeauty of the area.
  • Cons:Night life is limited and there is little chance of good jobs
  • In a nutshell:A great place for retirement living and interment
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2006

Comments

buccaneerbill Lives Here!

buccaneerbill