"KARLOVO & SOPOT" Karlovo by matemix

Karlovo Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 109 photos

Karlovo is a beautiful small town in the Roses' Valley.
Not many foreign tourists hanging around yet, only local people, warm and friendly people.
If any of you may ever go to Karlovo, then he must go to Simona's Pub, at the edge of the town, on the road from Plovdiv to Sofia. Good beer, good food, good music, nice people, warm atmosphere and low prices.
A great place. Simona owes me a beer for this!
Well, I'm joking! But it is true: the pub is a great place, try it on the occasion.
I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Sopot is a smaller town at few kilometres from Karlovo.
There is not much to see, no particular monuments or architectures, nothing particular to do.
There is a square in the centre of the village, a hotel, some bars and shops, heavy-metallurgical factories, bearings factories, cultivated and abandoned fields, that's all.
A village in the middle of nowhere.
Out of time, too. People still going to the market riding horses, or with horse-dragged carts.

A rather boring village, actually, but it's one of my working sites, so it is interesting to me!
I tried to know people and make friends too, but not many speak English so I had not a great success.
Nevertheless I enjoyed it.
There is a bar in the very centre of the village where they serve iced vodka at very low prices. And there is music too. And people are nice and friendly. By the way, a calm and relaxed atmosphere!
That's all.

• Last visit to Karlovo: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 6, 2006

matemix

“my black dog now is dead, honour and glory to a great traveller”

Badges & Stats in Karlovo

Have you been to Karlovo?

Latest Activity in Karlovo