"Heart of Germany" Nürburg by JustPerfect
Nürburg Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 35 photos
N?rburg is a castle ruin standing since 11th century. In presence belongs to this castle a small village with around 200people living there.
This all is posted in the heart of Germany between Colon and Koblenz, in Eiffel mountains.
In this place is almost the whole year cold and rainy, sometimes in summer it can be hot.
Why should be this place so interesting you ask?
Ever heared about the world's longest race course???
N?rburgring is the longest race course in the world. It has been builded between 1924 and 1927 by the german gouverment, to give the people job in destroyed Germany.
N?rburgring has been a testing facility for german car industry, but soon started the racing events there aswel.
The track has two parts, Nordschleife- Green Hell, which is ca. 20km long and on the narrowest place 6m wide.
Second part is the Grand Prix course, where also Formel 1 drives, it is 4,5km long track, wide around 12m and so hard to drive as Green Hell.
The whole course has 77 banches, 300m high difference, is builded into the topography of landscape, most of the track goes through Forest.
It is great place with long succes history.
Zakspeed is a company from here. It is the first racing school in Germany and the most succesfull race team in the world.
Zakspeed company dies a lot of events and entertainment on this track.
- Pros:smell of fuel everywhere, a lot of engine noice, cars cars cars
- Cons:smell of fuel everywhere, a lot of engine noice, cars cars cars
- In a nutshell:succes, energy, history
Bring always warm clothes to Nurburg, it is quietly high and mostly it is raining here. Even in august I wear here... more travel advice
It is a lot of fun, but you have to know, what to do, because it is very easy to land on your head. Before you buy a... more travel advice
JustPerfect's Related Pages
Nürburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Germany"
- "Nuerburg - One of the Birthplaces of Motor Racing"
- "A must for motor sport enthusiasts!"
- "Rock Am Ring!!"
- "The Nurburg castle"
- "Nuerburgring, DE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nürburg
- Hotels in Nürburg
- Restaurants in Nürburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Nürburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nürburg
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nürburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nürburg
Top 10 Pages
- Frazer Island Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Nürburg Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos
- Klatovy Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Madrid Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Maldives 1 review, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Vienna Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 3 photos