"Chengde" Chengde by y_lyn
Chengde Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 197 photos
On the 5th day, after sending some of the tour members to the airport (they took up 5 days Beijing trip only), we proceeded with our itinerary to Chengde. It was a long journey, about 5 hours. We left for Chengde around 2pm and reached our destination at around 7pm, just right for dinner. After dinner, we checked-in to our hotel. Basically, there is not much night life in Chengde so we just stayed in the hotel after that.
The next morning, we had a local guide, Xiao Su to bring us to the imperial resort at Chende and also, Little Potala Palace which is modelled on the actual Potala Palace in Lhasa. We only spent half a day at Chengde which I think is a bit too short, then we took another 5 hours back to Beijing.
A bit of history about Chengde: Around the end of 17th century, the Qing emperors began to look for a place where they can go for retreat during the hot summer. They found this place. Emperor Kangxi ordered the building of the summer palace here in 1703.
This place is also commonly called "Little Potala" as it is modelled on the Potala Palace, residence of Dalai Lama in... more travel advice
On our way to a touristry jewellery shop, we saw these mongolian tents. However, we didn't have a chance to go in and... more travel advice
y_lyn's Related Pages
Chengde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountain Resort - Chengde"
- "Mountain Resort of the Emperors"
- "City of Temples"
- "Chengde: The Mountain Village Retreat From Heat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chengde
- Hotels in Chengde
- Transportation in Chengde
- Restaurants in Chengde
- Shopping in Chengde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chengde
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Chengde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chengde
Photos in ChengdeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 48 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hangzhou Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kranji Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genting Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue