"Kamakura - The Great Buddha" Kamakura by y_lyn
Kamakura Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 473 photos
After taking an overnight bus from Kyoto to Tokyo, we dropped our luggage at our hostel in Asakusa area and went for a side trip to Kamakura. We took the subway to Kamakura staton, travelling time around 1 hour. Here, we saw the Great Buddha and also, visited a few important shrines and temples such as Hase Temple and Tsurugaoka Hachimangu (shrine).
For more photos on my Kamakura trip, please visit Lyn's Kamakura Photos
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu is Kamakura's most important shrine. On the foreground of my photo shows the dance stage. The... more travel advice
You would probably pass by this nice little garden when you are exploring Hase Temple. more travel advice
y_lyn's Related Pages
Kamakura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KAMAKURA - A blissful escape from hectic Tokyo!!"
- "Kamakura - Old Military Capital"
- "Smaller than Kyoto but just as grand"
- "THE GREAT BUDDHA, ( DAIBUTSU )"
- "Kamakura - The Great Buddha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kamakura
- Hotels in Kamakura
- Transportation in Kamakura
- Restaurants in Kamakura
- Shopping in Kamakura
- Warnings and Dangers in Kamakura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kamakura
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kamakura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamakura
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 48 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hangzhou Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kranji Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genting Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue