"Malacca Trip - Captivating Cultures" Melaka by y_lyn

Melaka Travel Guide: 1,668 reviews and 4,276 photos

Driving to Malacca from Singapore

With 1 Malacca map at hand, and without doing much research, my hubby drove me up to Malacca on a Friday afternoon - 1 Sept. We set off at around 2 plus and reached there around 5pm. First we stopped at Mahkota hotel as we heard that it is one of the most popular hotel here as it is highly accessible to the shopping areas. However, the rooms were fully packed for the day (We had forgotten that it was just 1 day after Malaysia's National Day). Then we went to check out the Equatorial hotel but we feel that the price was quite steep... around RM 400 per nite. So we drove out and after a turn, we saw this quite decent looking hotel, Straits Malacca Hotel and I went in to check the price. Very reasonable, around RM 155 only and this is a new hotel. So we paid the deposit and went to Mahkota Parade Shopping to have a quick bite (We didn't have our lunch) and were starving by the time we reached Malacca.

The day was almost coming to an end so we just shopped around Mahkota Parade, bought some stuffs like pants from there then we went back to the hotel to check in our luggages. We rested for a while then we went to the Jonker Walk at night. Quite an interesting place....

The next day, we had our breakfast in the hotel, then we went to the popular tourist attractions like the Christ Church, Porta de Santiago (A'Famosa). We had a taste of the famous chicken rice balls in the afternoon. After that, we drove around exploring the place and went to Tesco Shopping Centre to spend the afternoon there. For dinner, we went to this place called Umbai to have a seafood dinner. We felt a sense of accomplishment that we could actually find the place.

The last day, we woke up a bit earlier to have our breakfast and checked out of the hotel. We were going to explore Alor Gajar and Ayer Keroh before heading back to Singapore.

Please check out my Umbai and Ayer Keroh pages too

Woman weaving baskets

This photo was taken in "Mini Malaysia" situated at Ayer Keroh.

Melaka Zoo (Ayer Keroh)

So lovely right?

• Last visit to Melaka: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 4, 2006

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 6:27 AM

I was in KL while you were in Melaka :) gd tips on Melaka.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 4:45 AM

Thanks for dropping by my melaka page. Melaka is a very historical place which i hope to re-visit one day :)

y_lyn

“~ Today is a sunny day :) Where to go next?”

Badges & Stats in Melaka