"Malacca Trip - Captivating Cultures" Melaka by y_lyn
Melaka Travel Guide: 1,691 reviews and 4,378 photos
With 1 Malacca map at hand, and without doing much research, my hubby drove me up to Malacca on a Friday afternoon - 1 Sept. We set off at around 2 plus and reached there around 5pm. First we stopped at Mahkota hotel as we heard that it is one of the most popular hotel here as it is highly accessible to the shopping areas. However, the rooms were fully packed for the day (We had forgotten that it was just 1 day after Malaysia's National Day). Then we went to check out the Equatorial hotel but we feel that the price was quite steep... around RM 400 per nite. So we drove out and after a turn, we saw this quite decent looking hotel, Straits Malacca Hotel and I went in to check the price. Very reasonable, around RM 155 only and this is a new hotel. So we paid the deposit and went to Mahkota Parade Shopping to have a quick bite (We didn't have our lunch) and were starving by the time we reached Malacca.
The day was almost coming to an end so we just shopped around Mahkota Parade, bought some stuffs like pants from there then we went back to the hotel to check in our luggages. We rested for a while then we went to the Jonker Walk at night. Quite an interesting place....
The next day, we had our breakfast in the hotel, then we went to the popular tourist attractions like the Christ Church, Porta de Santiago (A'Famosa). We had a taste of the famous chicken rice balls in the afternoon. After that, we drove around exploring the place and went to Tesco Shopping Centre to spend the afternoon there. For dinner, we went to this place called Umbai to have a seafood dinner. We felt a sense of accomplishment that we could actually find the place.
The last day, we woke up a bit earlier to have our breakfast and checked out of the hotel. We were going to explore Alor Gajar and Ayer Keroh before heading back to Singapore.
Please check out my Umbai and Ayer Keroh pages too
You can find many well-decorated trishaws near the Christ Church area. more travel advice
y_lyn's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- "Melaka - Malaysia's historical centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
Photos in MelakaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 48 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hangzhou Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kranji Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genting Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue