"Berlin" Berlin by MishyM

Berlin Travel Guide: 6,962 reviews and 15,611 photos

Four days in Berlin

I just spent four lovely days in Berlin, and managed to see all of the sights I hoped to.

Highlights were definitely the Checkpoint Charlie Museum and the Tiergarten. It was the middle of winter, so all the lakes were frozen over and I got to watch people ice skating on them, which was lots of fun.

The food in Berlin was lovely, I tried to have as much German food as I could, although I was tempted into an Italian restaurant at one point. The German sausages were great, along with the potatoes and also pastries for desert!

I was also extremely impressed by how easy the public transport was to use. I didn?t even get lost once, which is a huge thing for me!

I would highly recommend getting the ?Berlin Welcome Card? which gives you unlimited public transport travel for 2-3 days as well as discount vouchers for entrance into a large number of museums, galleries and also discounts at restraints, walking tours and much more.

I went to Berlin alone, and never had a dull moment, so I would highly recommend this city to anyone who wants to see some great museums, have lovely food and meet friendly people.

• Last visit to Berlin: Jan 2006
  • Intro Written Feb 22, 2006

MishyM

“"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller”

Badges & Stats in Berlin