Bali Local Custom Tips by amyLbrown2002 Top 5 Page for this destination
Bali Local Customs: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Bali Ducks Peering over the lip of a rice terrace
This little part of Bali life really thrilled me. Apparently ducks are one of the domesticated animals in Bali life. Every morning, rice farmers will lead their flock of ducks out to the rice paddies. We carried a pole with a flag tied to the end of it, which he plants in the middle of the rice padi.
The ducks will stay there all day, in view of the flag, eating the insects which destroy the rice. At sunset, they return to the flag and wait dutifully for the duck man to come and pick up the pole and lead them back to the family compound.
How sweet! So keep an eye out for this!
More Reviews (6)
amyLbrown2002's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bali: the Surfer Paradise"
- "A Pleasant Surprise"
- "Beautiful Bali"
- "First Trip To Bali"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 7 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Photos in BaliSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gisborne Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Exeter Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 3 photos
- Turkey Intro, 3 photos