"The Beginning" Asan by eatingjello

Asan Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 21 photos

The beginning

Hi everyone.
I arrived on thursday, Feb. 23 in Incheon International Airport in South Korea. It was a late arrival... and we (Stefan and I) didn't meet up with our group until around 11:30pm. The bus ride to the university was a long one, and no one (including the korean students who were getting us) knew how long the bus trip would be. Finally arrived around 1:30am or so, and we were all put into the same dorm. yes, guys and girls in the same dorm but only temporarily. Once school starts, girls will be in a different dorm, and neither sex will be allowed into the opposite's dorm - ever. That first night a bunch of people went out, but not I - the friggin times zones have been ***ing with me. I think my body is finally used to this place after only 3 days, or so I thought. Yesterday (Feb. 25) we went to Anian and went shopping. Spent all day on my feet, and by the time we got back, I was dead tired. But in Anian, I bought a shirt for 9,900 won or about $9.90. its a blue pinstripe dress shirt, and I like it. I've been eating some korean food, but my lack of taste for anything spicy has greatly debilitated me - as everything is friggin HOT. we bought chicken on a stick, and i wanted my non spicy, so a student here Cori, was translating everything. He said no hot stuff, so she says, "It'll make you strong, baby's eat this" and she put double the amount of spicy sauce that the others. fantastic. so yea, i had fire spewing out of my mouth for the next 3 hours... until we got some AWESOME smoothie action. I got to say the best drink i have had so far is the aloe juice which tastes like a combo of diamatapp and concord grapes. friggin awesome. anyway, things have been good, got to ride on a bus which i will be doing a lot of. i heard is was going to snow today, but who knows. Oh yea, pretty much everyone here is from California. There are a few Canadians, and a couple of people from Hawaii... but mostly all Californians. I didn't take any digital pictures yet, but I will hopefully today.

• Last visit to Asan: Feb 2006
  • Intro Written Feb 25, 2006

Comments

eatingjello Lives Here!

eatingjello

“All things Korean...”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.