"Temaine's new Solomon Islands page" Top 5 Page for this destination Solomon Islands by Temaine

Solomon Islands Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 108 photos

Hom blo iumievriwan

I have travelled to many parts of this world, but it is the Solomons that has stolen my heart. The people, the kastom, the lifestyle, it is all so beautiful.

Take time out to learn pidgin. Eat village food. make some friends and swap addresses. Pack gifts when you leave because after experiencing the hospitality of these people, you will want to return it somehow.

When I left the Solomons the first time, as I walked through the gates of the old Henderson airport I was sobbing. An araikwao (white) woman noticed and walked over to me. She looked at me and said "Dont cry. You'll be back, I promise. I have been- 5 times."

She was right.

The Solomons is like that, once in your blood, you'll be infected by the "Melanesian bug" as we call it forever.

• Last visit to Solomon Islands: Sep 1998
  • Intro Written Sep 9, 2002

• ullfri49's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Very nice your pictures of the Solomons and it need not a photo to think about a travel to this great far Melanesian islands. For me very far fascinatiting islands cause of the south pacific music like SISIVA and other...

• Jul 13, 2004 at 11:18 AM

Thanks for the tips. Enjoyed my time in Honiara and Marovo Lagoon.

• vigi's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2003 at 5:04 PM

How to suntan with skimpy clothes? Is there any exception case in tourist area?

• joh28's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2003 at 1:12 AM

excellent tips!!! some photos would make me happy.... ;-))

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2003 at 7:38 PM

I've heard there are large crocodiles in the ocean around the Solomons...other than that it sounds like paradise.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2002 at 11:07 PM

I like it!

• SiewHong's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2002 at 6:10 PM

Is the movie "The king of Soloman" has anything to do with So

• gioglobal's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2001 at 5:45 PM

my gawwwd.. you make me want to get a 1 way ticket now!

• Mauswara's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2001 at 11:55 AM

Good, specific tips and destinations

• Jan 21, 2001 at 6:28 PM

we have something incommon, we both love the SI.

Temaine

“I love the South Pacific. I am friendly and am able to listen t”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Solomon Islands

Have you been to Solomon Islands?

Latest Activity in Solomon Islands