"Temaine's new Solomon Islands page" Top 5 Page for this destination Solomon Islands by Temaine
Solomon Islands Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 210 photos
I have travelled to many parts of this world, but it is the Solomons that has stolen my heart. The people, the kastom, the lifestyle, it is all so beautiful.
Take time out to learn pidgin. Eat village food. make some friends and swap addresses. Pack gifts when you leave because after experiencing the hospitality of these people, you will want to return it somehow.
When I left the Solomons the first time, as I walked through the gates of the old Henderson airport I was sobbing. An araikwao (white) woman noticed and walked over to me. She looked at me and said "Dont cry. You'll be back, I promise. I have been- 5 times."
She was right.
The Solomons is like that, once in your blood, you'll be infected by the "Melanesian bug" as we call it forever.
Get out into a village. Even travel to the outer islands. You probably wont enjoy Honiara the first time you visit, but... more travel advice
These are just a general rule... Women are not to stand over a mans outstretched legs Dont tip anywhere in the... more travel advice
Solomon Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Undiscovered paradise of the South Pacific"
- "An Independent Traveler's Paradise"
- "Dive Expedition 96"
- "Temaine's new Solomon Islands page"
- "The plaque of Don Alvaro de Mendana"
- "My Trip to the Solomon Islands"
- "Some scoop on Gizo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Solomon Islands
- Hotels in Solomon Islands
- Transportation in Solomon Islands
- Nightlife in Solomon Islands
- Restaurants in Solomon Islands
- Shopping in Solomon Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Solomon Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Solomon Islands
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Solomon Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Solomon Islands
No friends yet.