"Terje`s travel pages" Terje1966's Profile

Travelling is feeding my mind with new impressions. Small differences like this primitive way of selling petrol on the Island of Lombok. Different customs, food,faces,temperature,nature,buildings. Realizing how small I am in this big world, constantly wondering about what the ones I see or meet are thinking about or talking about. Is it the same as me? It makes me think about peoples posibillities and their ability to to create a good life for themselves and what options do they have when it comes to choosing work,marriage and other important things in life. It also makes me wonder why they often look so happy with so little and I so grumpy with so much.

Travelling is fighting everyday boredom. The planning and dreaming goes on for months and when I am back I have something to talk and think about for the rest of my life. And I have always learned something of value.

Mountain lake Skrykken

This is a Picture from Hardagervidda mountain Plateau in Southern Norway in late september 2013.

Fishing

Fishing have been my lifes greatest passion for 20-30years untill travelling came along. I am still a pasionate fisherman and it is always exciting to see if it is possible to combine it with travelling. Since I have been fishing for a lot of diiferent species at a lot of different places in Norway you will find info about fishing opportunities on a lot of my norwegian pages. I would also be glad to answer questions about fishing in Norway and if i do not know the answer i can always find out. The fish on the picture is a 6,66kg trout from lake Tyrifjorden. Its my personal record.

Travel dreams.

Wish i could be able to call them plans but right now its time to work and not to play. Here I will give you some of my biggest travel dreams.

1. Russia. (Irkutsk,Jakutsk and the baikal)Maybe Omyakon
2. Colombia: Medellin,Bogota,tres fronteras and the coastal cities in the north. Venezuela on the same trip.
3. Dushanbe,Samarkand,Tashkent, Bishkek.(Aral)
4. Anywhere else in Russia.
5. Lahore,Islamabad and Karachi.
6. Back to Indonesia. This time Sulawesi,Sumatra or Flores.
7. Back to India.
8. Etiopia and Libya
9. Georgia and Azerbaijan
10. Peru. Iquitos.
11. Belfast and Dublin.
12. Minsk
Japan and China should have been somewhere on the
top of this list.

A quiet time high above 2 million people

View from Tiger fort above Jaipur in Rajastan. One of few quiet moments
on a trip to Delhi,Agra,Jaipur,Pushkar and Mandawa. We were there in august and everyone was waiting for the rain. It was extremely hot with 45 degrees celsius in daytime and 35 at night.
India was an extreme experience in many ways. It was my first trip out of the safe and familliar europe. To see all those people sleeping on the streets and begging for money for the baby they held in their arms really made an impression on me. The enormous number of people and animals everywhere also made a huge contrast to all I had seen before in my life. That country is really something everyone should take time to discover so change your euros into rupees and go. I will go there again sometime.

The show must go on.

On our trip to Phuket we decided to stay on Kamala beach and on
the Kamala beach resort. Before we left we had seen multiple times on the
tv news and in documentaries how the pool at first and then the whole yard was filled up with water as the tsunami came crashing in. And how people were washed away to drown.
When we came in 2008 it was all rebuilt and they were expanding. At the camera angles from the disaster we shot some beautiful sunsets and Thailand became my family`s best vacation ever.
Good luck Thailand.
(This picture is in beautiful red colour but it always changes to blue a day or 2 after uploading. Strange!)

Lake Sevan in Armenia

We took this picture of a nice old woman who ran a long way to catch up with us at the shore of lake Sevan in Armenia. Se talked constantly but we could`nt understand a word.

Armenia seemed to be a poor country. But their nature was stunning.
Our only mistake was to go a little to early in spring. April had not made
Armenia green and large clouds made sure we didnt se mount Ararat.
Apart from that our trip was perfect.
This summer its your turn to go there!!!!

• Intro Updated May 8, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Terje1966's Profile Photo

Terje1966

“It`s on the map.Let`s go!”

Real Name