"UNESCO world heritage site in Greenland" Ilulissat by TheView
Ilulissat Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 49 photos
With the giant glacier from the greenlandic icecap filling the ice fjord llulissat is the host of one of this planets most spectacular natural wonders that are well wourth a visit. The historic fishing community has grown a simple tourist infrastructure around this fact. That offers hiking routes and bout-tours to view the icebergs up close and tours on dog-sledges in the back of the landscape. Transports and accommodation are as anything so far from the city-centers of the world on the expensive side limiting the number of tourist that visit. The cruse ships that comes here changes this picture for short periods during the summer.
- Pros:Amasing nature
- Cons:expensive and faraway
- In a nutshell:A great view into the icy world of the north
The birthplace of Knud Rasmussen is now a little nice museum over his explodes and ethnographic work in Greenland and... more travel advice
TheView's Related Pages
Ilulissat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "UNESCO world heritage site in Greenland"
- "ilulissat - town near the huge icefjord"
- "A month in Ilulissat"
- "Beautiful Ilulissat"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilulissat
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Ilulissat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilulissat
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos