Greenland Warnings Or Dangers Tips by TheView Top 5 Page for this destination
Greenland Warnings and Dangers: 15 reviews and 16 photos
Lamppost to lamppost navigation
So before venturing out in the wonderful wilderness you better plan your trip very well. For shorter and longer trips a look at the weather forecast is a good idea. Even if the weather forecasts are getting more and more reliable for longer trips always be precocious and inform someone where you are planning to go and when you will be back.
Find your destination on one of this websites.
Lars on the photo is an expert let him handle his
When you are going north of the polar circle you will not hear any barking as Greenland has a none tolerance policy relating to pet dogs for the purpose of keeping their breed of sledge dogs pure and strong as they have to be to live outdoors all year in the artic climate. The sledge dogs are so closely related to wolfs, that they also cannot bark and just howl. On that note cute as they may look you have to be very careful around the sledge dogs as they are not bread to be pets but pull animals for the dog sledges.
In the summertime you will be well warned about the insects that spring out of the millions of little water holes you find anywhere near the coastline in Greenland. So a good mosquito repellant and a net to your hat would be good to pack for your journey.
I got frost bites -35, +16 m/s = -72 wonder why ??
Come no big surprise visiting Greenland in the wintertime is will be cold, but how cold will it be?
It can get real ***ing freezing cold minus 30-40 degrees this does sometimes not fell that bad as the air is often dry and it makes it fell warmer then the actual temperature. But come some wind and you have to venture outdoors you really have to take some care not to get hurt. It will be your face that is mostly exposed so a trick is to use a fat facial cream (70% and up) this will insulate you a bit. A other thing you can do is to have a jacket or hut that slows down the windspeed around your face. The coyote-skin provide this on the canada goose jackets that have this for an example.
And don't try to play superman … you will get frostbites if you don't take care! I got some frostbites just going on a short tour shopping.
More Reviews (35)
- See All Arctic Station -Research in the north.
- The illusionary ….beast
- See All Taxies
- See All Drum dances
- See All Phone and web
TheView's Related Pages
Greenland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ayornamut - Saagar's Greenland pages"
- "Welcome to the high north"
- "Greenland from the air"
- "Gateway to Greenland via Kangerlussuaq"
- "Greenland seen from the air"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greenland
- Hotels in Greenland
- Transportation in Greenland
- Nightlife in Greenland
- Restaurants in Greenland
- Shopping in Greenland
- Warnings and Dangers in Greenland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greenland
- 56 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Greenland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greenland
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos