"Welcome to the high north" Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland by TheView
Greenland Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 854 photos
I used to live in Greenland north of the polar circle, where I did teach sports/philosophy at the local gymnasium in Aasiaat, with students from all of northwest Greenland, what surely must be the largest recurring area in the world for a gymnasium. I might come with some tips on Greenland as I get some more time to do so. During my time in Greenland I also became a kayak instruktor ...educatede in the motherland of the kayak!
-so if you have any questions I am likely to be able to help you out.
Nature is the name of the game. You have it just outside your door here and you have to live by and with it. So it takes some knowledge and equipment to do so. But if you have that there is breathtaking adventures to be experienced in an unique environment. Be that during summer or winter.
My old student Karl-Peter (dark jacket in the back of the class) that has just won the danish championship is now competing in the world championships in Falun Sweden has just gotten 77 of 130 in the sprint.
…Hmm wonder why it could be hard to race the "kids" ;-)
- Pros:Adventure is just outside the doorstep
- In a nutshell:Cold - cool?
Alcohol is heavily taxed in Greenland in the endevour to fight problems with alcoholism. A 70 centiliter bottle of... more travel advice
Founded in 1906 by a Danish botanist Morten Porsild the Arctic Station has been a research facility under the Copenhagen... more travel advice
TheView's Related Pages
Greenland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ayornamut - Saagar's Greenland pages"
- "Welcome to the high north"
- "Greenland from the air"
- "Gateway to Greenland via Kangerlussuaq"
- "Greenland seen from the air"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greenland
- Hotels in Greenland
- Transportation in Greenland
- Nightlife in Greenland
- Restaurants in Greenland
- Shopping in Greenland
- Warnings and Dangers in Greenland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greenland
- 58 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Greenland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greenland
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos