"Welcome to the high north" Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland by TheView

Greenland Travel Guide: 285 reviews and 791 photos

I am a teacher of sport and philosophy at the north Greenlandic gymnasium in Aasiaat and have been living here for the last 4 years, so if you have any questions I am likely to be able to help you out.

Nature is the name of the game. You have it just outside your door here and you have to live by and with it. So it takes some knowledge and equipment to do so. But if you have that there is breathtaking adventures to be experienced in an unique environment. Be that during summer or winter.

• Pros:Adventure is just outside the doorstep
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:Cold - cool?
  • Intro Updated Sep 20, 2014

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2014 at 5:33 AM

What a wonderful page!
    Greenland is one of my top dream destinations. Waiting to explore it, thank you for this virtual trip.
    * * N i co * *

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Hello, Allan! Thanks for your interesting page about the faraway land....Greenland is certainly worth visiting!

• TheView's Profile Photo
      Jul 15, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Thanks I Was thinking on your land But it Will have to a other year as it is the Balkan Nations this summer ;-)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM

great page

• TheView's Profile Photo
      May 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Thanks ;-) if you consider visiting Greenland and have some questions I might be able to help.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Hey Allan, great page of "Greenland" ... :) W helpful tips and nice photos ... It's also on my priority list, hope to visit in most sooner time ... :)

• picek's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2012 at 7:45 AM

The fog on your photos reminds me to recent Russian movie, How I Survived Last Summer. After I watched, I realized how dangerous and unpredictable, yet fascinating and beautiful Arctic is. I would go if I could :) Kayak looks fun.

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Hi Allan, hope you are well. I see it says you used to live here. Are you still in Greenland? It looks like you have a great place to work. Great hat, not so sure about the beard!

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2011 at 5:05 AM

Looks like a great place to be watching the Northern Lights from. I don't think I would be tough enough to kayak in that cold of water - I jumped into a dam here in Queensland Australia once and I thought it was so cold it took my breath away! What is the animal in the water in one of the photos?

TheView

“"On spaceship Earth there are no passengers only crew"”

Badges & Stats in Greenland

Have you been to Greenland?

Latest Activity in Greenland