"Welcome to the high north" Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland by TheView
Greenland Travel Guide: 285 reviews and 791 photos
I am a teacher of sport and philosophy at the north Greenlandic gymnasium in Aasiaat and have been living here for the last 4 years, so if you have any questions I am likely to be able to help you out.
Nature is the name of the game. You have it just outside your door here and you have to live by and with it. So it takes some knowledge and equipment to do so. But if you have that there is breathtaking adventures to be experienced in an unique environment. Be that during summer or winter.
- Pros:Adventure is just outside the doorstep
- In a nutshell:Cold - cool?
Founded in 1906 by a Danish botanist Morten Porsild the Arctic Station has been a research facility under the Copenhagen... more travel advice
Poplic transport is very limited in Greenland (There is really only the busses in Nuuk) so if you need transport you... more travel advice
TheView's Related Pages
Greenland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ayornamut - Saagar's Greenland pages"
- "Welcome to the high north"
- "Greenland from the air"
- "Gateway to Greenland via Kangerlussuaq"
- "Greenland seen from the air"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greenland
- Hotels in Greenland
- Transportation in Greenland
- Nightlife in Greenland
- Restaurants in Greenland
- Shopping in Greenland
- Warnings and Dangers in Greenland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greenland
- 55 Reviews
- 135 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Greenland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greenland
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 51 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Valencia Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos