Denmark Transportation Tips by TheView Top 5 Page for this destination
Denmark Transportation: 70 reviews and 53 photos
If you need to go just about anywhere in Denmark you can do it with public transportation. You might think the planning of a trip out to the countryside will be some endeavour but not so! All you need to know is where you are going from and what address you like to get to. And go to the link below you have the option of getting your direction in Danish/German/English.
You can also get informed on the ticket price for your intended journey on the site.
The great sound bridge (Storebæltsbroen) that bridge the gab between the two major islands of Denmark, Zealand (Sjælland) and Funen (Fyn) is the longest bridge in Denmark (longest in the world when it opened 14 jun. 1998) and a major architectural achievement with a span between the two pylons of 1624 meters making it the second longest hanging bridge in the world after the Akashi-Kaikyo bridge in Japan (1991 meters). The pylons are 254 meters high and at the highest the road is 70 meters above sea level. Beside the architectural part it is also the only toll road in Denmark and it cost 205 kroner or around 27,5 Euros for a one way trip across. (Car up to 6 meters)
Type: Car/Motor Home
I had some troubles this summer with a other local danish car rentel service.
The solution to the problem was the firm danskautorent.com
it only for not danes but I/we could use it as I have a friend I know from VT visiting from Athens. When we got the car it was a Hertz rental car real good had run less then 3000 K and no problems at all. I can only recommend it.
The prices are far below what you as a dane can rent a car for ("A chep" (Economy) Hertz rental car will be something like 3700 kroner for a week with 700 kilometers and extra charge beon this kilometers) We got the same classe of car for 2300 kroner with free mileage.
BTW: A road trip around Denmark is about 2000 Kilometers.
Phone: +45 80 20 50 10
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (24)
- See All The Thy Camp -social experiment and...
- See All One happy nation #1
- at the gastronomic top of Denmark (and...
- See All Costal fishing
TheView's Related Pages
Denmark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the place where my grandma came from"
- "COPENHAGEN-One of Europes Oldest cities..."
- "On top of Denmark"
- "Home of Legoland, HC Andersen and butter cookies"
- "DENMARK - welcome to Scandanavia!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denmark
- Hotels in Denmark
- Transportation in Denmark
- Nightlife in Denmark
- Restaurants in Denmark
- Shopping in Denmark
- Warnings and Dangers in Denmark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denmark
- 90 Reviews
- 313 Photos
- 195 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Denmark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denmark
- Posted in Travel Copenhagen Forum "Re: Flat in Copenhagen"
- Wrote a Review The Thy Camp -social experiment and festival in Denmark Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Thy Camp -social experiment and festival"
- updated a Denmark Travel Page "On top of Denmark"
- Commented on one of DAO's Denmark travel pages
Videos in DenmarkSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos