Denmark Off The Beaten Path Tips by TheView Top 5 Page for this destination
Denmark Off The Beaten Path: 88 reviews and 113 photos
The ancient road
The town of Tisvilde is situated on the north cost of Zealand. The towns name goes way back and tells the ancient story of worship to the Good of war Tyr also named Ti and vilde that comes from old Danish word "væld", meaning a spring. Making it
Ti’s- spring. As the place of the War Good it was also here sacrifices was made to him often in the form of prisoners of war after battles. Maybe the ancient importance of this place can be seen from that, there in the wetlands below has been found the oldest Danish road system dating back to 2800 BC as a Woodbridge that was later (500-150 BC) made into a stone mounted road of 150 meters. When Christianity was introduced in Denmark Tibirke church (1120-1130) was made next to the spring and the name of the spring turned into the spring of saint Helene very typical of the Church to plaster ancient believes with new predicates and hope that people will forget the past.
There is a walking path made as you can go and see the ancient road.
Interesting maybe not as much for the tasty mushrooms but for the closer and more observant contact with the nature your in.
In all state forests its allowed to gather mushrooms for your own consumption in private forests you need the owners permission but I am sure you will never have any problems even in a private forest without a permit. You recognise that your in a state forest by a red pole or a red gate (see photos).
Just bring a good mushroom book and don’t eat anything your not certain on is safe.
The best period is from August to November.
More Reviews (25)
- See All The Thy Camp -social experiment and...
- See All One happy nation #1
- at the gastronomic top of Denmark (and...
- See All Costal fishing
TheView's Related Pages
Denmark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the place where my grandma came from"
- "COPENHAGEN-One of Europes Oldest cities..."
- "On top of Denmark"
- "Home of Legoland, HC Andersen and butter cookies"
- "DENMARK - welcome to Scandanavia!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denmark
- Hotels in Denmark
- Transportation in Denmark
- Nightlife in Denmark
- Restaurants in Denmark
- Shopping in Denmark
- Warnings and Dangers in Denmark
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vernon Hotels
- Orgy Hotels
- Cerros de Sardinal Hotels
- Grand Haven
- Rancho Mirage Hotels
- Viana do Castelo Off The Beaten Path
- Czech Republic Off The Beaten Path
- Richmond Off The Beaten Path
- Netherlands Off The Beaten Path
- Margalla Hills
- Varanasi Off The Beaten Path
- Delaware Off The Beaten Path
- Arlington Off The Beaten Path
- Point Pleasant Off The Beaten Path
- Waterton Lakes National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Aswan Off The Beaten Path
- Melbourne Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Denmark
- 89 Reviews
- 313 Photos
- 166 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Denmark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denmark
- Posted in Travel Greenland Forum "Re: sun time in greenland"
- Wrote a Review The Thy Camp -social experiment and festival in Denmark Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Thy Camp -social experiment and festival"
- updated a Denmark Travel Page "On top of Denmark"
- Commented on one of DAO's Denmark travel pages
Videos in DenmarkSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 51 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Valencia Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (107)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Denmark hotels
- Copenhagen Hotels
- 3887 Reviews - 9775 Photos
- Odense Hotels
- 279 Reviews - 845 Photos
- Helsingør Hotels
- 149 Reviews - 441 Photos
- Esbjerg Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Ålborg Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Billund Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Roskilde Hotels
- 210 Reviews - 692 Photos
- Århus Hotels
- 312 Reviews - 725 Photos
- Virum Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Kastrup Hotels
- 1 Review
- Hillerød Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 173 Photos
- Fredericia Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Tønder Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Svendborg Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Rønne Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 38 Photos