"On top of Denmark" Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark by TheView
Denmark Travel Guide: 7,198 reviews and 19,246 photos
This old stone carving don’t just signifies the change from Ase believe to Christianity. Its also a part of every journey for a Dane as its in our passports.
Harald Blåtand found this stone but it was a good distance from where its standing now, so he had warriors from the army transport it to where its standing now. The legend tells that Harald during the transport asked one of his men if he had ever seen a larger load being dragged by man before and got the answer back from the man -I have seen Svend drag the hole of Denmark away from you, judge yourself which burden is the heavier? After this his warriors should had refused to fight against Svend that was thriving for the throne.
Svend Tveskæg that was the son of Harald used this transport of the stone in his propaganda naming it a honourless task for warriors. Most of the army changed sides after this and it came to a battle between the armies, at Helgenæs and Harald lost it. In the evening Harald had to go to the forest as nature had its call for him (toilet) here he was hit by an arrow in his buttock. A mortal wound that he died of.
Svend Tveskæg became king and turned back to the old Nordic Gods. One might say that Harald was dragging his own tombstone to his grave. Even if he got buried in Roskilde.
Let me take you on a tour around Denmark right to the top.
The Thy Camp is a social experiment started in with a foundation in Copenhagen in 1968 of Det nye samfund (the new... more travel advice
Knud Rasmussen (1879-1933) was an extraordinary traveller that gained world wide recognition in his lifetime for his... more travel advice
TheView's Related Pages
Denmark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the place where my grandma came from"
- "COPENHAGEN-One of Europes Oldest cities..."
- "On top of Denmark"
- "Home of Legoland, HC Andersen and butter cookies"
- "DENMARK - welcome to Scandanavia!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denmark
- Hotels in Denmark
- Transportation in Denmark
- Nightlife in Denmark
- Restaurants in Denmark
- Shopping in Denmark
- Warnings and Dangers in Denmark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denmark
- 89 Reviews
- 313 Photos
- 169 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Denmark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denmark
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: vikings gone soft?"
- Wrote a Review The Thy Camp -social experiment and festival in Denmark Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Thy Camp -social experiment and festival"
- updated a Denmark Travel Page "On top of Denmark"
- Commented on one of DAO's Denmark travel pages
Videos in DenmarkSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 51 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Valencia Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos