"truly Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles by Dyesebel

Seychelles Travel Guide: 906 reviews and 2,162 photos

one of my best holiday.....

We spent 17 fantastic days here in Seychelles,its unspoilt beauty made our holiday perfect.Despite of mosquito bites, prickly heat and heatstroke we experienced;)
Seychelles is definitely expensive,the enormous price of the entrance fees,bike rentals,restaurants,souvenirs are quite shocking;)!
If you're budget travelers like us,I would recommend to stay in a self- catering accomodation because foods from the market are cheap and guaranteed fresh.That's why,you won't find so much tips about restaurants on my page(very soon).I don't mind cooking on our holidays as long as I won't wash the dishes;)
Honestly,without our earned airmiles from Skywards (Emirates),we couldn't afford to come here.Imagine,we paid only 80£ for our return tickets from Newcastle,UK including 3days stopover in Dubai.Felt very lucky!
We visited 3 out of 115 islands of the Seychelles,we could have visited other islands,if we had enough budget but unfortunately,we didn't,so for now, Mahé,Praslin and La Digue will do.

Seychelles

An island nation lies off the coast of East Africa in the Indian Ocean.
Victoria is the capital and the largest city of Seychelles but one of the world's tiniest.Seychelles official languages are English,French and Creole.Seychellois Rupee(SCR) is the currency.The weather is hot and humid but soothed by sea breezes.

Main Islands

Mahé
The largest and most inhabited island of the Seychelles,nearly 80% of the country's total population.Mahé contains Victoria,the capital, as well as their international airport.I find the southern part picturesque than the northern part,or should I say, northern part has its own charm.Fair enough;)To see more of the island,you can either join a tour or simply hire a car and explore at your own pace.There are public buses as well but I'm not sure how their system works.
Praslin
The second largest island of Seychelles,the home to the famous Coco de Mer. This place reminds me of my hometown!Very green,peaceful and quite.Again,the best way to explore the island is to hire a car because the public bus does not run regularly,altho' its the cheaper way.But some places are just walking distance.
La Digue
Probably the most photographed island.Here you'll find the trademark of the Seychelles,namely,the beautiful granite boulder formations. Unfortunately, I didn't see much of La Digue because I wasn't well when we were here:( The best way to explore the island is to hire a bike,but be prepared,the bikes are quite old and crappy and the saddle is as hard as what you can think of;)It took me days to be "normal" again;)

• Pros:unspoilt beauty
  • Cons:EXPENSIVE
  • Last visit to Seychelles: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 2, 2009

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Excellent tips.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 10:44 PM

will love to visit seychells someday

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Hi Ida, sarap ng beach!! Miss the buco. Hot here in Denver but the pine trees remind me of Christmas back home. Cheers! Cheers!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Lovely page, Ida! What a dream holiday even with mosquitos :))

• asianbelle's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 6:53 AM

ganda ng Seychelles... tilapia ba yun nasa opening pic mo?...

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2008 at 5:01 PM

it's been a long time since my last visit, and hoe prices have increased ;-))) lovely reminders, thanks

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 6:07 AM

wow seychelles! how does it compare? wow swerte mo naman... may langka, puso ng saging, niyog, makopa din pala dun? hehehe

• Kisses&Co's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2008 at 9:16 PM

WOWOWOW, Sis,,, you have a beautiful piccies here!!! Parang gusto kong pumunta din sa Sey___,,, what is that place again???;) Hirap bigkasin,eh! ;) Sama ako sa yo sa Subic, hah?? :-)

• May 5, 2008 at 9:28 AM

My goodness...where did you go? Seych-what? It's nice Ida. Lakwachera!

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2008 at 3:33 PM

ay naku ang sarap ng isda! ganda ng mga pics mo....thanks sa pasalubong from here.:)

Dyesebel

“Enjoy While You Can.....”

Badges & Stats in Seychelles

Have you been to Seychelles?

Latest Activity in Seychelles