"Pending RTW trip" Tomtt88's Profile

After working for so many years, I decided to a take a longish break, in fact, 3 months break to travel around the world. Discussed it with my girlfriend who also agreed to do the same too! (unsurprisngly ;-))

Next day, shot off a quick email to HR, and received an almost instant reply / confirmation that my 3 months sabbatical was approved! :-)

At Nov-05, I made an initial plans / initinerary, and we agreed the destinations & length of stay for each. Tickets was booked and paid for at Dec-05, just in time for me to wrap up my girlfriend's ticket for her Xmas present (I didn't tell her I booked/paid for the tickets!). Her initial impression wasn't great when I handed over her Xmas present :-0 , but that all changed when she opened it! :-)

For our 3 months sabbactical, we are going to the following destinations with plans of tours / activities. Departure date of trip is 25th May 2006 :

Vietnam (HCMC) - Cu Chi tunnel, Mekong Delta (1 night stay), War museum, day trip to Vung Tu

Vietnam (Hanoi) - Ha Long Bay (1 night stay on broad a junk), Water puppet show, Hanoi Hilton

Australia (Sydney) - Darling Harbour, Quays, Opera House, Bridge climb, Blue Mountain, Manly/Bondi/Cogge beaches, Rock, Aquarium, Botantical Garden, Sydney Tower.

Australia (Port Douglas) - Daintree / Bloomfield bush walk with Pete Baxendall, snorkelling in Great Barrier Reef

Australia (Cairns) - Kuranda skyrail, Tajapuki, Atherton Tableland, White Water rafting, Fish & crab trips

Australia (Brisbane) - day trips to Byron Bay & Surfer Paradise, Theme Parks, Moreton Island/ Dolphin trip, Australia Zoo

New Zealand (Rotorua)- Whakarewarewa, Wai O Tapu, Lost World Abseil, Glow worm caves, Zobe & Luge.

New Zealand (Taupo) - Huka Jets, Huka Fall, Skydiving, snowboarding(weather permitting), spot of trout fishing!!

Fiji (Mamanuca Island) - Relaxing!

Las Vegas - Ah, a good an opportunity to revisit Vegas. Do or die, all my spare cash on black,... :-)

Then back home,.....

I'll update my travel pages once I get back! :-)

Tom

• Intro Updated Apr 26, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Tomtt88's Profile Photo

Tomtt88

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.