"My Himeji Homepage" Top 5 Page for this destination Himeji by freddie18

Himeji Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 424 photos

Welcome to Himeji

Just for the record, Himeji is where Himeji Castle is situated. A very famous castle in Japan which became the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Himeji became a municipality on the 1st day of April 1889. You will see in one of my tips about a marker that was placed in a municipal park commemorating the 100th year anniversary of Himeji. Take a look, you will find it interesting!

It was my first trip to Japan and I did not have a second thought of visiting Himeji. I have decided to tour the place not only because of the famous landmark, Himeji Castle. The castle is definitely a 'must see' but the lush of greens and fluorishing garden is something else. I can see the effort of the people and its government in maintaining a green environment. Yes, I can see the beauty from atop the Himeji Castle, the city surrounded by hills full of trees, flowers, & foliages.

• Last visit to Himeji: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2009

• MaaikeSchmit's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM

It is always a joy to explore your pages with great tips. Thank you for sharing!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Excellent page and photo's on Himeji Castle. So much of interest to see there, and the grounds look enormous, need comfy walking shoes to tackle this one!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

What a beautiful Castle!! one of the places I did not get to in my times in Japan, unfortunately.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I agree with everything you have said! My visit to Himeji castle was a marvelous experience. So very different, so very special. Thanks for bringing back great memories.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Wow, freddie, ang ganda naman ng Himeji Castle! Hope I'll see it too someday, Norman :)

• WStat's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Hi Freddie! After having seen all your Himeji-tips, I deeply regret not having visited Himeji on occasion of my last trip in September! Hopefully next time! Greetings!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Great Castle = and nice to know the city protects the natural environment with its flowers and green spaces

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 4:24 AM

Hi Freddy thanks a lot for your comments on my Trabzon page I want also to congratulate you for your works on Himeji castle ...

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM

great page!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 4:27 PM

The Himeji Castle is beautiful. I have only visited Japan twice, and that rather briefly. Would love to see the castle. Thanks!

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Himeji