"My Kobe Homepage" Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe by freddie18

Kobe Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 547 photos

Welcome to Kobe

I had fun wandering around the streets of Kobe, especially the shopping and the entertainment areas. It was nice to see a different view - something new! I have to go up and down the steps of too many overpasses. I did a lot of walking. My family were tired, so I did it on my own. I left them in one place sitting, so I moved my feet with my camera just to ease my curiosity. Enter a narrow street and out with a different one taking photos of what I thought looks interesting. Suddenly, I don't remember where I left them. And we lost touch. I couldn't find the landmark that I have to remember. It's been almost an hour that I was away. I know they were worrying because I told them I will be back in few minutes, and it did not happen. After going back up to the overpass to see if I can find them from above, there is really no trace. So, what else can I do, go down the stairs and start walking again. And finally, I found them....(or they found me?)......on the street walking to try find me, hehe.

I was tired but I enjoyed my adventure. It is an experience I can never forget. My stay in Kobe - though it was brief - gave me the idea that it is a busy city although you will notice on the photo I posted above that no people around the statue standing alone on the sidestreet. Neverthesless, I will give you some hints on how the city looks like. Please spend little time checking information and tips I have here. Come along, it will take few minutes.

• Last visit to Kobe: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2009

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM

hmmm, I'll bet your family was VERY glad to see you again!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM

You've been around Japan...hope I'll see Kobe someday..My grandpa lived in Osaka.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2008 at 8:26 AM

I was in Kobe, too for an Emergency Management training...

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Thanks for the great tips and photos! Except for the famous beef, I didn't know much about Kobe before viewing your page. Looks like an artistic and bustling city! Best from New Jersey, Bill

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Interesting statues, arts, culture - even the manhole cover. Kobe looks like a great place to visit.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Interesting page Freddie = a far cry from little Glencraig :) I haven't a clue about your statue but it looks different like the manhole covers!

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Kobe