"Memories of Osaka JAPAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka by freddie18

Osaka Travel Guide: 880 reviews and 2,546 photos

Welcome to Osaka - Japan!

Yes, it was my first visit to Japan and Osaka in particular. I find the city modern and business-like. I enjoyed the city for sure. Most of the local people are very nice. From the hotel where I stayed, to the tourist attractions I had been, and to all those accomodating subway station staff whom I had to deal with everyday, and the people around the city are more often pleasing.

The only challenge that a tourist will face is the language barrier. Communication is a bit of a problem during my stay which resulted to slight delays in my very hectic schedule. I can see the effort exerted in trying to help, and most of the time I cannot see this problem anymore because of the gesture and expression of being the real people. Other than that, Osaka is a great city and full of decent people.

• Last visit to Osaka: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2012

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM

My favorite transportation tip of yours is about the Rainbow sightseeing bus

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I miss this place...

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Osaka Castle looks wonderful in your photo's, would be very nice to visit!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Her, Freddie! Would love to visit this Umeda Skybuilding. I just saw the Osaka airport on a stopover and I wanted to go out and explore! Norman :)

• mizzzthanggg's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Thanks Freddie, great tips! Unfortunately i'm not sure i'll be in time for cherry blossom season but will visit the temples anyway :)

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2008 at 7:08 AM

Hi Freddie Osaka is definitely on my next travel list...thanks for your contributions...

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Loved the castle & the park & can imagine the cherry blossom in spring time :) enjoyed my virtual tour to Osaka!!

• anees's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2007 at 6:36 PM

I really enjoy Osaka as city, even more than Tokyo, I don't know why, maybe its a bit earier to understand. its people the fastest in walking. well its still nice

• moacha's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Hi,Freddie! I saw of your Osaka@PH@interestingly. I regard each your TIPS as interesting,funny and useful.

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2007 at 7:30 PM

the roof art, japanese gardens and architectures are really beautiful. thanks for taking us for a tour!

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Osaka