"My Newmarket Homepage" Newmarket by freddie18

Newmarket Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 49 photos

Welcome to Newmarket

Newmarket, a new place to start. Centrally located in the heart of York Region with a population of approximately 84,000 and counting. There are so much development in this small town. I started visiting the place recently and have prepared myself to explore it little by little. The close proximity to Toronto where I live makes it easy to travel with the well paved road and very beautiful scenery.

One of my immediate members of the family moved here. I find it a perfect location for young families and professionals alike.

The Main Street is a unique experience with early 1800s styled historic architecture, streetlights, and custom grown flower barrels. It's proximity to the Holland River Trail System and Fairy Lake allows for recreational, cultural and arts activities. A long line of boutiques, patio eateries, live theatres and a seasonal farmer's market in a vibrant setting is at its best. The Elman W. Campbell Museum, which has a collection of Newmarket artifacts can be found in the Main Street.

Upper Canada Mall is another great shopping experience, with over 1,000,000-square-feet and 250 stores, located along a bustling Yonge Street corridor. Newmarket has over 70 parks and nature trails including the Wesley Brooks Memorial Conservation Area/Fairy Lake and the Mabel Davis Conservation Area.

I invite you to come visit us in Newmarket. The town that is not a bedroom community but a thriving, self-contained urban centre. Please have a look at my Newmarket pages as I continue to add facts and tips in and around this town.

• Last visit to Newmarket: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2009

Comments

freddie18 Visits Here Frequently!

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Newmarket

Have you been to Newmarket?

Latest Activity in Newmarket