"My Toronto - "Yours to Discover"" Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto by freddie18

Toronto Travel Guide: 4,316 reviews and 8,939 photos

Welcome to Toronto

The capital of Ontario, Toronto is on the northwestern shore of Lake Ontario; 352 kilometres west of Ottawa, 504 kilometres west of Montreal. Toronto's weather is tempered by Lake Ontario , which softens the winter bite and eases the summer heat. Average winter temperatures range between 0 and -10C, with snow usually on the ground between December and March. Summer, or 'patio season' as we Torontonians call it, usually hovers around 20 to 30C.

Come visit us in Toronto. Walk the streets by day and by night. Savour the sights, sounds and the exhilarating tastes of every cafe, restaurant, market and festival. Revel in the renewed energy and bold new looks of the famous attractions and facilities. Experience the top theatre, international dining, shopping and a full schedule of major league sports and special events. It is all yours to discover!

Visiting our city is a choice you will be glad you made. Once you have experienced our unmatched hospitality and tasted everything our city has to offer, I know you will leave with many pleasant memories that will inspire you to come back and see us again. I would like to extend to you a warm invitation to return to Toronto - share our story with your friends and family so they might learn more about the exciting reasons to visit us in the future.

Four Seasons in Toronto

No matter what time of the year you decide to visit Canada, you will be treated to a dramatic display of colour and vibrant life.
Spring - Arrives as early as February. To the rest of Canada, it extends to April.
Summer - Across Canada bring warm to hot weather from late May to September. It's the best time for camping, fishing and lost in the wild.
Autumn - Fall brings cool and pleasant temperature in September and October. It's the best time to witness the falling maple leaves. It's lovely!
Winter - The best time to ski is from December until late March. Experience the most awaited Winter Festivals.

There are a lot of good things to say about Toronto, but I would like to invite you to see for yourself and experience the hospitality of a real Canadian.

• Pros:Multiculturalism
  • Cons:Long Winter
  • In a nutshell:More than just Maple Leaf and Hockey

Jun 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Good page

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Wonderful Toronto page. Extremely helpful and I like the info you have on your homepage regarding temps and different seasons.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Nice restaurant tips Freddie a good all round selection here!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 7:49 AM

What a fantastic tour of Toronto Freddie! An excellent page! Everything looks so amazing. I had no idea so many wonderful things to see and do here. Have a beautiful day!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Very nice tips on your multicultural home city! Thanks for including the theaters and the Canadian Opera Company -- I know their new General Music Director, who comes from Frankfurt. My grandfather was born in Toronto, by the way, in 1877.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Love the airshow pic --- can't wait till our next visit to Toronto and I'll have to visit you and also Hansi and Lori! Norman :)

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

This is new! Hey, that's beautiful!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 6:00 PM

You have some wonderful pages on Toronto . They remind me I should visit again soon!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for your wonderful tips, Freddie! I'd love to visit some day...

freddie18 Lives Here!

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Toronto

Have you been to Toronto?