"My Singapore Homepage" Singapore by freddie18
Singapore Travel Guide: 11,550 reviews and 27,011 photos
Singapore - a unique country, one of the world's best airports, and one of the cleanest city in the world.
My first visit was many years ago and I cannot even remember when - but I had the chance to visit Singapore for the second time in May 2007. The country is still beautiful but there is only one thing I have noticed. Litters that I did not see before can be visible nowadays in front of a big supermarket. Maybe I was just expecting too much because of the city's good reputation or maybe this happens rarely in Singapore.
What I am going to emphasize in my Singapore page are its good side as there are too many. Good food, good accommodation, excellent tourist attraction, and hospitable local people are the reasons why I enjoyed my stay. If you are visiting the city, I am inviting you to browse my tips which I am starting to build and update helpful information.
Yes, Singapore offers much more than the hustle and bustle of city streets. Proof of this are festivals and events that is being held and enjoyed by tourists and locals alike. To give you an idea on what is happening in Singapore, I am giving you a birds-eye-view of events every month. Read on.....
January & February
Lunar New Year
Lunar New Year is celebrated in Chinatown with a month of festivities.
An extraordinary expression of faith for Hindu devotees
International Festival for Children
Artists perform music, circus theatre, puppetry and story-telling
May & June
Great Singapore Sale
Shopping extravaganza inmajor shopping malls with big discounts
Singapore Art Festival
Annual celebration of dances, music, and drama
Dragon Boat Festival
International and local crew participates in this exhilirating race
A month-long celebration featuring local and international cuisines
Festival of the Hungry Ghosts
Offering of food to appease spirits and operas and other entertainment are provided for the wandering ghosts
A month-long celebration also known as mooncake festival includes beautiful lanterns, street stalls, and nightly stage shows
October and November
A celebration of lights in Little India with illuminated streets
River Buskers' Festival
Local and guest entertainers performed on the street juggling, comedy, magic and acrobatics
Winter Wonderland of Lights and Sounds in Orchard Road
So folks, whatever month you decide to visit Singapore, you will be treated for a variety of events. Many festivals are based on the lunar calendar. Please check www.visitsingapore.com for firm dates.
Singapore, though it is a small country has grown into a centre of commerce and industry. It used to be a very clean... more travel advice
Not all Chinatown is chinese. Not even in Singapore. It is a mixture of different religious and racial atmosphere. Like... more travel advice
freddie18's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Singapore, My Lil' Haven"
- "1 Main Island and 63 Islets - 699 Sq Km"
- "IMPREXXION: SINGAPORE"
- "Singapore - My Homeland"
- "Keeweechic's Singapore"
- "City of surprises"
- "Singapore - The Garden City!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 14 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 104 reviews, 430 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu City Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 18 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucban Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos