"My Singapore Homepage" Singapore by freddie18

Singapore Travel Guide: 11,464 reviews and 26,731 photos

Welcome to Singapore

Singapore - a unique country, one of the world's best airports, and one of the cleanest city in the world.

My first visit was many years ago and I cannot even remember when - but I had the chance to visit Singapore for the second time in May 2007. The country is still beautiful but there is only one thing I have noticed. Litters that I did not see before can be visible nowadays in front of a big supermarket. Maybe I was just expecting too much because of the city's good reputation or maybe this happens rarely in Singapore.

What I am going to emphasize in my Singapore page are its good side as there are too many. Good food, good accommodation, excellent tourist attraction, and hospitable local people are the reasons why I enjoyed my stay. If you are visiting the city, I am inviting you to browse my tips which I am starting to build and update helpful information.

Yes, Singapore offers much more than the hustle and bustle of city streets. Proof of this are festivals and events that is being held and enjoyed by tourists and locals alike. To give you an idea on what is happening in Singapore, I am giving you a birds-eye-view of events every month. Read on.....

January & February
Lunar New Year
Lunar New Year is celebrated in Chinatown with a month of festivities.

February
Thaipusam
An extraordinary expression of faith for Hindu devotees

March
International Festival for Children
Artists perform music, circus theatre, puppetry and story-telling

May & June
Great Singapore Sale
Shopping extravaganza inmajor shopping malls with big discounts

Singapore Art Festival
Annual celebration of dances, music, and drama

June
Dragon Boat Festival
International and local crew participates in this exhilirating race

July
Food Festival
A month-long celebration featuring local and international cuisines

August
Festival of the Hungry Ghosts
Offering of food to appease spirits and operas and other entertainment are provided for the wandering ghosts

September
Mid-Autumn Festival
A month-long celebration also known as mooncake festival includes beautiful lanterns, street stalls, and nightly stage shows

October and November
Deepavali Light-Up
A celebration of lights in Little India with illuminated streets

November
River Buskers' Festival
Local and guest entertainers performed on the street juggling, comedy, magic and acrobatics

Christmas Light-Up
Winter Wonderland of Lights and Sounds in Orchard Road

So folks, whatever month you decide to visit Singapore, you will be treated for a variety of events. Many festivals are based on the lunar calendar. Please check www.visitsingapore.com for firm dates.

Happy Travels!

• Last visit to Singapore: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM

That beautiful fountain in Merlion Park is stunning, so is the Sentosa Island, Dolphin Lagoon, Sky Tower, Underwater World and so much more. Excellent page Freddie!

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

great tips thanx

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Yes, I remember this place! Thanks for sharing Freddie... my wife's sister is a permanent resident at Singapore! Norman :)

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM

This is one of my favourite destinations... mainly because of the great people that live here.

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 4:29 PM

I love the country! Lot of things to do. Sayang lang, we bought a new camera on our last visit and unluckily it didn't function well, so there were no much photos. Hope we will make it this time.....I enjoyed your tips. thx

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Thanks for dropping by my Singapore page and am glad my tips are useful. Have fun while you are here!

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Singapore

Have you been to Singapore?

Latest Activity in Singapore