"Memories of Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC" Prague by freddie18
Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,809 photos
It is in Prague where I found all the attractions that I like most. The architecture and beautiful scenery is all I want to see aside from meeting local people. Prague or Praha is the capital and largest city of the Czech Republic situated in the north-west of the country on the Vltava river. The River Vltava splits this wonderful city into two halves while Charles Bridge links them together.
Prague Castle and the Little Quarter are situated on one side, and the Old and New Towns and the Jewish Quarter on the other. In Prague it is very easy to get around on foot or by using public transport. Walking is a very enjoyable way to see Prague, but with its steep hills, cobbled streets and tramlines you must wear comfortable shoes. But to feel and enjoy the real Prague be prepared to abandon your sightseeing itinerary ... for a moment put away your map and wander off the beaten track; explore narrow side streets and courtyards, where Prague is often at its most charming and beautiful. There’s something new and interesting around every corner.
The climate in Prague, as well as in the whole Czech Republic is temperate, a mixture of oceanic and continental. The average winter temperature is 5 degrees C, average summer temperature is 20 Celsius degrees.
The official language in Prague is Czech. The currency they use is Czech Koruna. As the official currency, the Czech crown is the best and often the only possible currency to use when paying. Although the Czech Republic is part of the European Union, the euro is not widely accepted here yet. Some stores, restaurants and hotels accept payments in euros but the exchange rate may not be very good.
My way of sharing my experiences is thru pictures that I myself carefully selected. The view, the architecture, and the people are my choices that I hope you will enjoy viewing. Thank you for your time…..Enjoy!
freddie18's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "prague czech republic"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "Prague-One of Europe's Best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 104 reviews, 430 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu City Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 18 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucban Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos