Alexandria Transportation Tips by freddie18 Top 5 Page for this destination
Alexandria Transportation: 61 reviews and 69 photos
Blue or Al Raml Tram
The tram is the oldest means of transportation in Africa. I did not have the chance to ride on the tram in Alex but had the chance to see them running few streets from the seafront in Corniche. It consists of 2 systems - the blue which is the Tram Al Raml and the yellow tram which is called Tram Al Madina. The Blue System or the Tram Al Raml serves 38 stations
Interior View of Alexandria-Cairo Train
I guess our round trip from Cairo to Alexandria very recently was quite comfortable. There is actually no hassle having the first class ticket which costs me a total of 243 Egyptian Pounds for 3 round trip tickets.
I posted here the interior of the train and copies of our 6 tickets. BTW, I purchased the ticket the night prior to our departure. I guess it is better although not too many passengers on the day of our trip on October 24, 2008.
Private Car of a Friend in Alex
Yes, I was lucky enough to have a local friend Karim. He is from Alexandria and he made our stay and tour of Alexandria very comfortable and easy. It was unforgettable and very pleasant stay as we tour literally the whole city non-stop for the whole day and part of the night using his private car.
Mind you, not too many people are like Karim. I cannot say more about him. He is totally a fantastic guy.
Type: Car/Motor Home
The picture shows the traditional carriage in Egypt. I took these photos in Alexandria and I feel that this is the best and most enjoyable way to tour the city. I suppose the carriage can be hired with a driver which can be found in the main street.
Taxicab in Alexandria, Egypt
If you are in Alexandria, you will see black/yellow taxi. This is the colour of taxi used by everyone in the city. Each taxi should have a meter but it is a common practice that it is not being used. You may ask a local person on the approximate fare from point to point and when the time comes that you need to board a taxi, make sure you agreed on the fare before you get in.
I posted photos of taxi in Alexandria with this tip.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (28)
- See All Sphynx Down Below
- See All Stray but Cute Cats of Alexandria
- City Centre Mall in Alexandria
freddie18's Related Pages
Alexandria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home town"
- "My Alexandria Homepage"
- "Alexandria - Another Egypt"
- "Alexandria - a lovely city by the sea"
- "ANA BAHEB ISKANDARIYAH - I LOVE ALEXANDRIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alexandria
- Hotels in Alexandria
- Transportation in Alexandria
- Nightlife in Alexandria
- Restaurants in Alexandria
- Shopping in Alexandria
- Warnings and Dangers in Alexandria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alexandria
- 33 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Alexandria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alexandria
- Posted in Travel Puerto Princesa Forum "Re: which is cheaper?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Towers of Stanley Bridge"
- updated a Alexandria Travel Page "My Alexandria Homepage"
- Wrote a Review Sphynx Down Below about Pompey's Pillar in Alexandria Things to Do
- Commented on one of zanzooni's Alexandria travel pages
Photos in AlexandriaSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 104 reviews, 430 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu City Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 18 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucban Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (95)
- Montazah palace and gardens- 25 Reviews, 83 Photos
- new Library of Alexandria- 39 Reviews, 85 Photos
- fort of Qaitbey- 41 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Beaches- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Roman amphitheatre- 17 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Pompey's Pillar- 21 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Down town area & cornich- 33 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Mosques and islamic sites- 20 Reviews, 42 Photos
- museums- 19 Reviews, 31 Photos
- kom el shokafa catacombs- 22 Reviews, 33 Photos
See All Alexandria Things to Do