Alexandria Transportation Tips by freddie18 Top 5 Page for this destination

Alexandria Transportation: 61 reviews and 69 photos

Blue or Al Raml Tram - Alexandria

Blue or Al Raml Tram

Tram in Alex Tram trip Review

The tram is the oldest means of transportation in Africa. I did not have the chance to ride on the tram in Alex but had the chance to see them running few streets from the seafront in Corniche. It consists of 2 systems - the blue which is the Tram Al Raml and the yellow tram which is called Tram Al Madina. The Blue System or the Tram Al Raml serves 38 stations

Mode: TO

Type: Subway/Metro

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

Interior View of Alexandria-Cairo Train - Alexandria

Interior View of Alexandria-Cairo Train

Comfortable Train RT from Cairo-Alex-Cairo train&railway Review

I guess our round trip from Cairo to Alexandria very recently was quite comfortable. There is actually no hassle having the first class ticket which costs me a total of 243 Egyptian Pounds for 3 round trip tickets.

I posted here the interior of the train and copies of our 6 tickets. BTW, I purchased the ticket the night prior to our departure. I guess it is better although not too many passengers on the day of our trip on October 24, 2008.

Mode: TO

Type: Train

Private Car of a Friend in Alex - Alexandria

Private Car of a Friend in Alex

A Private Car taxi or...similar Review

Yes, I was lucky enough to have a local friend Karim. He is from Alexandria and he made our stay and tour of Alexandria very comfortable and easy. It was unforgettable and very pleasant stay as we tour literally the whole city non-stop for the whole day and part of the night using his private car.

Mind you, not too many people are like Karim. I cannot say more about him. He is totally a fantastic guy.

Type: Car/Motor Home

Hantour - Alexandria

Hantour

Hantour - A Traditional Carriage in Alex

The picture shows the traditional carriage in Egypt. I took these photos in Alexandria and I feel that this is the best and most enjoyable way to tour the city. I suppose the carriage can be hired with a driver which can be found in the main street.

Type: Other

• Updated Nov 15, 2008
Taxicab in Alexandria, Egypt - Alexandria

Taxicab in Alexandria, Egypt

Black & Yellow Taxi in Alex taxi or...similar Review

If you are in Alexandria, you will see black/yellow taxi. This is the colour of taxi used by everyone in the city. Each taxi should have a meter but it is a common practice that it is not being used. You may ask a local person on the approximate fare from point to point and when the time comes that you need to board a taxi, make sure you agreed on the fare before you get in.

I posted photos of taxi in Alexandria with this tip.

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Updated Nov 15, 2008

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Alexandria

Have you been to Alexandria?

Latest Activity in Alexandria