"My Alexandria Homepage" Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria by freddie18

Alexandria Travel Guide: 671 reviews and 1,764 photos

Welcome to Alexandria

I love Alexandria - there is no doubt about it! Egypt is one country that my family will keep on coming back. Our brief stay in this city was memorable enough to think that this is the most exciting trip we ever had.

Alex (that is how my local friends call it) is a modern city and the second largest in Egypt. It was founded by Alexander the Great in 331 B.C. and was the setting for the stormy relationship of Cleopatra and Mark Antony.

You may take a train from Cairo to Alexandria. It is approximately 225 kilometers away and will take two to three hours travel by train depending on the schedule for the day.

I like the atmosphere in Alexandria. I feel I am in another world. The ambience and the feel is unique. There are lots of wonders to explore. I will definitely be coming back to this city in the future. I have to dig more knowledge about the city with the help of my Alexandrian friend Karim.

• Last visit to Alexandria: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2011 at 6:18 PM

So mauch to see here Freddie! Alexandria has so much history for all of us. Awesome page Freddie! Very rich in culture! Those kitties are cute too! Nice page!

• paolodecastro's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM

tnx for sharing your Alexandria travels.............i enjoyed reading your tips....... travels.....travels...& more travels......;)

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for your very interesting tips on Alexandria.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Thank you Freddie for bringing back sweet memories about this wonderful Egyptian city which differs so much from other places there. Amazing but almost every taxi is a Russian Lada as a rule, haha!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Nice page Freddie = enjoyed the new tips & updates :) the little kitties are so cute!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 6:35 AM

Just looked at your Alexandria pages again, this is the place I missed! Thanks for sharing, Norman :) --- the stray cats look so cute!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Nice page Freddie! Would love to visit the new library there.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Lovely to find this page - I was talking to my daughter today about Alex. she has been several times and loves it and said I would too.! I think I would!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2008 at 2:46 AM

A city with plenty of nice places to visit. Love the Stanley Bridge towers. The Tram looks interesting too!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2008 at 3:56 AM

How lucky you were having a local friend to show you around. I would never dare to drive there, probably stick to the horse drawn carriage all the time.

freddie18

“Enjoy life to the fullest!”

Badges & Stats in Alexandria

Have you been to Alexandria?

Latest Activity in Alexandria