"My Turunc Homepage" Turunc by freddie18
Turunc Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 57 photos
Turunç (pronounced Turunch) is a small village set in a beautiful bay on the southern Mediterranean coast of Turkey. Once just a small fishing village, it has grown slowly over the years as tourism has developed but maintains its peaceful character and relaxed atmosphere. The area has been occupied since Hellenic times and it is said that, after the Byzantine period, mountain people known as Yoruks moved down to the area and looked to the sea for a living and those roots remain part of the village today.
With its people, lifestyle, culture and most importantly, with its history and nature, Turkey is the land of unbelievable. Aegean region has witnessed almost every period of Anatolia, an heir to the culture of centuries with dozens of settlements who filled the pages of history. A paradise among these settlements is Turunc. It is a nice village hidden behind the hills, one of the tourism centers of our day and a former fishing village. In the front the clean bay resemble a crab's claw and the hills that the bay rests upon that makes one think that an eagle sheltering its baby.
Tourism has changed the village and is now its main focus but the friendly, welcoming nature of the people remains. With its Blue Flag beach and excellent climate (hot in the summer, moderate but still warm in the winter), Turunç is the ideal place to relax and unwind as well as take in the beautiful countryside and historic culture.
freddie18's Related Pages
Turunc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turunc pronounced Turunch"
- "Beautiful Turunc"
- "Turunc - Mugla - Turkey"
- "Beautifull Scenery"
- "Turunc, Heaven"
- "Turkey Turunc Information Board"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turunc
- Hotels in Turunc
- Nightlife in Turunc
- Restaurants in Turunc
- Shopping in Turunc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turunc
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Turunc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turunc
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 104 reviews, 430 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu City Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 18 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucban Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos