"My Tayabas Homepage" Tayabas by freddie18
Tayabas Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 105 photos
Tayabas is a municipality in the province of Quezon. The town was once the capital of the province. Suman is the ritual gift of Hagisan. It is cooked with great enthusiasm by Tayabenses because Hagisan is an opportunity to share their prosperity. Bundles of suman are gaily tied in the pabitin, which is made out of a special kind of bamboo called bagakay. Pabitin is actually an installation art that is not simply exhibited. As soon as the image of San Isidro passes by, pabitin must be emptied of its colourful array of abundance, which aside from suman, includes banana, mango, buko, pineapple, and other summer fruits.
Within the Province of Quezon, Tayabas is a land-locked town which is situated at the south-eastern of “Mt. Banahaw” – one of the famous volcanoes in the country. It is surrounded by several municipalities of Quezon Province such as Lucban, Mauban and Sampaloc to the north; Atimonan and Pagbilao to the south-east; Lucena City to the south; and Sariaya to the west. It shares its boundary with the Province of Laguna in its north-eastern extremity. From southeast of Manila, it lies some 150 km. and approximately 10 km. from the provincial capital, Lucena City.
One of the biggest and oldest church clocks in all Asia is found in the centuries old Roman Catholic Basilica in the ancient but progressive town of Tayabas, Quezon, formerly Cabezera (provincial capital) of Quezon province.
If you’re particularly searching for the most traditional way of drinking (inuman) in the Philippines, you shouldn’t miss this place in Quezon called City of Tayabas. The art of drinking has its own roots in every place but all are one in the name of spirit and tradition, which is celebration! And there has got to be something special that we look forward to in drinking in this city, where traces of history can be found in every street you explore.
freddie18's Related Pages
Tayabas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ancient But Progressive Town of Tayabas"
- "Home of Lambanog and Palaisdaan!"
- "Tayabas, Quezon"
- "My Tayabas Homepage"
- "mt. banahaw de tayabas....."
- "Tayabas City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tayabas
- Hotels in Tayabas
- Restaurants in Tayabas
- Shopping in Tayabas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tayabas
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Tayabas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tayabas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 104 reviews, 430 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu City Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 18 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucban Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos