"Leeds Castle" Maidstone by Suzze
Maidstone Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 183 photos
This beautiful place is only a 25min drive from where I live so we visit quite often, and more so now we have a grandchild. We visit mainly with my son and his family and spend a good part of the day there sometimes taking a picnic if we plan to stay a while.
The grounds of the castle are really magnificent and today we went witnessing the spring outbreak there.
My grandaughter loves it there and loves running around and feeding the ducks and going to see the birds in the Aviary. There is also a playground where small children can play and for older ones is the The Knights Realm Playground. Also they can lose themselves in the spiraling yew maze and return through an underworld grotto of shells and mythical beasts. There is also a Castle Craft Centre where the children can try their hand at pottery painting and T-shirt printing.
If you want you can eat or drink at the cafe thats right on hand here while your kids are letting off steam.
Go and visit the castle and experience 900 years of history.
Experience the Aviary and the World of Wings free flying bird displays.
Take a relaxing walk through the grounds and woodland alongside the river Yen.
There is a new restaurant that has just opened for this year called The Fairfax Hall Restaurant and its been transformed into a rustic farmhouse kitchen offerning freshly hot and cold dishes. The Fairfax Bar has all the charm of a village inn with a display of casks of ale, iced ciders and seasonal drinks.
You can buy all your Castle gifts in the gift shops. One at the entrance and one on the castle island.
If you fancy Go Ape and want to climb trees and cross rope bridges then Leeds Castle has that too.
For further advents throughout the year go to
It's a one off admission of £17.50 entrance fee but that will last a whole year from the day of purchurse. Great if you plan to visit often.
- Pros:A great family day out to just chill out and relax
- Cons:It's £17.50 entrance fee per person, ok if you plan to visit often
Suzze's Related Pages
Maidstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit to Leeds Castle, just near Maidstone"
- "Get out of Maidstone baby!"
- "Leeds Castle"
- "Leeds Castle, Maidstone, Kent"
- "Leeds castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maidstone
- Hotels in Maidstone
- Transportation in Maidstone
- Nightlife in Maidstone
- Restaurants in Maidstone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maidstone
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Maidstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maidstone
Photos in MaidstoneSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kingston Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greater London Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of New Brunswick Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Rye Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turkey Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue