"San Francisco and my European mis-adventures" lostsooner55's Profile
One of the world's most beautifully located cities, San Francisco is also one of the most unique and diverse. It's home to the North Beach, the Marina District, South of Market, Chinatown and Golden Gate Park. There are many "on the water" activities that tend to be overlooked by visitors. You can kayak in several parts of the Bay. There are dinner cruises available, as well as cruises to Angel Island, ( a good picnic, photo and hiking destination), and Sausalito. There are also cruises out to the Farallon Islands for photos and whale-watching, and boat tours along the Marin Headlands.
Located in Hessen, in central Germany, Frankfurt has become one of Europe's important business and banking centers since WWII. The city has one of the largest zoos in Europe. The Sachsenhausen area of the city is home to many of the city's museums, and the center of it's nightlife. The Romerberg, is home to the old city hall, the "Ostzeille", a group of half-timbered houses, and a large cathedral.
Rothenburg is a well preserved medieval, walled city in central Germany. It is home to the "Shepard's Dance" and to the "Meistertrunk" re-enactments. There are many small museums within the walls of the city. The walls themselves, and the numerous gates are among the most interesting in Europe.
Garmisch is one of Germany's most popular ski resorts, as it is in very close proximity to the Zugspitze, the country's highest mountain. The city was home to the 1936 Winter Olympics. The towns of Mittenwald and Oberammergau are nearby, as are the Ettal Monastery and Ludwig II's Linderhof Palace.
Berchtesgaden is a small German town in extreme southern Germany. It is surrounded by mountains, is home to the Konigsee, and to the Eagle's Nest, one of Adolf Hitler's retreat destinations. There is a National Park located in the area. Salzburg, Austria is also quite closeby.
Innsbruck, Austria is quite an interesting city. It is surrounded by mountains on three sides. It has been an important governmental center since its inception. Located on the Inn River, it is home to Europes highest zoo, the Alpenzoo, and a well preserved old quarter of the city.
This small Bavarian town is the home of the world renowned "Passion Play", which is performed by the townspeople for a summer once every 10 years.The town is also famous for its building murals called "luftmalerei".
Quite a pretty area around Bolzano and Merano. You pass old castle ruins, hillside vineyards, and snow capped mountain peaks
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 30 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
- lostsooner55 and giampiero6 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re:..."
- Commented on Turtleshell's profile page
- Wrote a Review San Francisco Dine About Town 2009 in San Francisco Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "San Francisco Dine About Town 2009"
updated their Profile Page "San Francisco and my European mis-adventures"
- created a Luxembourg Travel Page "The Gibraltar of the North"
Top 5 Pages
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Osage Beach Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Augusta Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Luxembourg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos