"Austin, Texas" Austin by SullyBiz
Austin Travel Guide: 1,147 reviews and 1,682 photos
Have you ever noticed that many of the Capitals in the U.S. aren't really very alluring? What I mean is, there are just so many other cities with so much more appeal. Why go to Albany when you can go to N.Y.C? Why Sacramento when there is San Fran?
Personally I think Austin is an exception. It is clean, quiet, and pretty but can still get rowdy when it wants to (apparently there were riots on 6th street a week before we arrived).
You may not end up spending a full week here but it's a pretty good jumping off point to see a whole lot of Texas. Watch out for that panhandle though, it can get a little scary.
SullyBiz's Related Pages
Austin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Austin through the eyes of a local"
- "Austin-Off the Beaten Path"
- "Austin: Capital City of Texas"
- "The capital of the Lone Star State"
- "Keep Austin Weird!"
- "South by Southwest-Austin, Texas"
- "Awesome Austin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Austin
- Hotels in Austin
- Transportation in Austin
- Nightlife in Austin
- Restaurants in Austin
- Shopping in Austin
- Warnings and Dangers in Austin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Austin
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Austin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austin
Photos in AustinSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandwich Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue