"The Oldest Town on the Cape" Sandwich by SullyBiz
Sandwich Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 113 photos
Sandwich may not be the smallest town out there but it sure felt that way growing up. It wasn't very easy to find things to do in the winter if there wasn't snow on the ground. But from spring to fall it's one of the prettiest little places I've seen.
The downtown area (the historic center) is what one would be experiencing as a tourist in Sandwich. You can easily take a walking tour and see the whole area in a day. There are lots of old buildings and little shops all around.
My absolute favorite is the old town cemetery. It's right on shawme pond and it's really peaceful walking through and reading what you can on the old stones.
If you can, grab a canoe and you can boat right by and all the way up the pond to the little waterfall.
Things to do around town:
Old Town Cemetery
Dexter Grist Mill
Best places to walk/hike:
Cape Cod Canal
Green Briar Nature Center
I worked and ate here for 3 solid years and I still crave this pizza. The crust is very thin and large and there is a... more travel advice
Town neck beach isn't known for its sand that's for sure, so if you are going for the day set yourself up on the dune... more travel advice
Written Feb 5, 2007
Shots Around Town
Written Nov 20, 2007
Lesser known beaches/hot spots
SullyBiz's Related Pages
Sandwich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SANDWICH, MASS. ~ ON OLD CAPE COD"
- "The Oldest Town on the Cape"
- "Christmastime in Sandwich"
- "Cape Cod Adventures: Sandwich"
- "Richard0711's new Sandwich Page"
- "Sandwich, Entrance to Cape Cod"
- "Historic Sandwich"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sandwich
- Hotels in Sandwich
- Transportation in Sandwich
- Restaurants in Sandwich
- Shopping in Sandwich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sandwich
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sandwich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sandwich
Photos in SandwichSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandwich Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue