"Go with the Red" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge by SullyBiz

Cambridge Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 642 photos

In and around Boston I have found that many people are adamant about what line of the T they live off of. I myself prefer the red line as I have had some annoying experiences with the drunken college masses that occupy the green line on a friday night.

I strangely love my dirty little neighborhood. I'm perfectly situated between two excellent schools, MIT and Harvard, where the students aren't so aggravating and there is plenty to do. Central Square is a place to see great live music for little money. There are excellent restaurants, bars, and shopping but it's not overwhelmingly bustling outside my window at night.

Cambridge is great because it's a quick zip down Mass Ave in either direction to get to all the action. You can head into Boston for some history and night life or over to Harvard Square for a relaxing sunny afternoon. You have all the perks of the city from a slightly smaller setting.

The only problem with Cambridge is that it can take *forever* to get out to places like Allston by public transportation. The T is easy to navigate but has it's flaws. On weekends I usually opt to stay within walking distance of the neighborhood in order to avoid a *long* ride on the green line. I actually have a backyard too so it's fantastic grilling out in the summer and partying with my neighbors.

There are good and bad parts (as there are anywhere) to Cambridge but generally it's a good place to grab a drink and meet some people. Central Square is a little on the rough side but once you pass that you have the charm of Harvard Square. So, if you're tired of doing the "tourist thing" just cross the bridge and join us.

• Pros:The diversity between Squares and the Night life
  • Cons:I definitely wouldn't walk alone down certain streets at night
  • In a nutshell:Just a little addition to your Boston visit.
  • Intro Updated Jan 17, 2007

SullyBiz Lives Here!

SullyBiz

“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”

Badges & Stats in Cambridge

Have you been to Cambridge?

Latest Activity in Cambridge