Mindo Things to Do Tips by SullyBiz Top 5 Page for this destination
Mindo Things to Do: 16 reviews and 41 photos
The butterfly garden was very very quiet and we were the only ones present in what was essentially a giant butterfly net. A entrance costs $3 and our host gave the tour in both english and spanish. Along the way we were able to view every stage of metamorphosis. I believe they said they raise them and release half of them into the wild. They let you hold caterpillars that are pretty much bigger than your hand and they'll shake the plants to make the butterflies swirl all around you. If you are afraid of bugs this is probably not for you. The key to getting butterflies to land on you is to hold rotten mushy banana. I'm sure there are less gross "sweets" that could have been used but we were following directions. This place is just one of the many little charms of mindo.
This isn't white water rafting, it's tubing. For $5 dollars you can get loaded up in a truck and driven down to the river. They lash several black tubes together, throw you in a lifevest and helmet, and guide you down the river. We just went to the main office in town and they set us up with everything we needed. Very fun.
More Reviews (1)
SullyBiz's Related Pages
Mindo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mindo - Paradise on earth"
- "Beautiful Mindo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mindo
- Hotels in Mindo
- Transportation in Mindo
- Restaurants in Mindo
- Warnings and Dangers in Mindo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ventura Hotels
- Yuen Long Hotels
- Louisville Hotels
- Pasadena Hotels
Badges & Stats in Mindo
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mindo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mindo
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandwich Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue