"Otavalo Market" Otavalo by SullyBiz
Otavalo Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 407 photos
We went to Otavalo specifically for the market and found a pleasant little town where I wish we could have spent more time. The market is large and lively and I loved watching the tourists and residents alike bartering over absolutely EVERYTHING. I amost got lost amidst the rows of goods. I was entranced by the jewelry and handmade crafts and could have gone on browsing forever.
If you're with others I suggest planning a meeting spot and time just in case you lose track of things like we did. It was quite easy to be overwhelmed and we definitely made my friend's uncle very nervous with our wandering.
Unfortunately all my pictures are from some years ago. I will try to get all of my Ecuador pics up when I can to make these pages a little more interesting.
The dollar goes a lot further down there than you can even realize. I made a mistake by bringing any cash in the form of... more travel advice
SullyBiz's Related Pages
Otavalo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saturday Market in Otavalo"
- "To market, to market ..."
- "Market day in Otavalo"
- "Otavalo Indigenous Market"
- "Otavalo Market"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Otavalo
- Hotels in Otavalo
- Transportation in Otavalo
- Restaurants in Otavalo
- Shopping in Otavalo
- Warnings and Dangers in Otavalo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Otavalo
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Otavalo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Otavalo
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandwich Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue