"Somerset - and the Newest Monument to Flight 93" Somerset by SpiritualTrekker
Somerset Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 24 photos
Something drew me to this new and still-developing monument to the heroic passengers and crew of Flight 93. Even in the waining light, misty rain and remote location, it was a powerful experience for me. There is a couple of websites which are easy to find, directing you to the site. It was part of a farmer's field, but soon there will be an impressive park and monument to visit. It wlil just take awhile...over the next ten to twenty years. But, go now and experience the simple and profound outpouring of rustic memorials, multiple flags and helpful volunteer staff. Take pictures and leave a donation. You won't regret it!
- Pros:Moving and worthwhile stop in the hills of PA
- Cons:Off the beaten track and hard to find
- In a nutshell:Pull off the road and relax in this pretty hamlet in Western PA
Few even know that there is a Temporary Memorial to the heroes of Flight 93, who took action against the... more travel advice
SpiritualTrekker's Related Pages
Somerset Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Somerset - and the Newest Monument to Flight 93"
- "Basaic Somerset Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Somerset
- Hotels in Somerset
- Restaurants in Somerset
- Shopping in Somerset
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Somerset
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Somerset?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Somerset
Photos in SomersetSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- Somerset Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Grand Canyon Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Pittsburgh 1 review
No friends yet.