"Land of Enchantment and Home of the BalloonFiesta" Albuquerque by SpiritualTrekker
Albuquerque Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,603 photos
Look up...way up...at the multitude of balloons filling the skies of Albuquerque! For a week in early October of every year, hundreds of balloons of every shape and size take flight.
Book early is the best advice I can give here...hotels and all other forms of lodging book up for this event way in advance as thousands of tourists converge on this mile-high city to ohh and ahh over this event. If you want the best view of the filling and launching of the balloons, you'll also want to buy a pass for the grounds. Do this as soon as you know you'll be going...four to six months in advance is preferable. Also, if you're flying, book a car; although some packages do include some form of transporation, New Mexico is not well serviced by public transportation.
- Pros:Southwestern-style Mexican food; great scenery and beautiful sunset
- Cons:Weather, either warm and sunny or wet, not much inbetween; high altitude can make exericise and breathing difficult; long distances between destinations
- In a nutshell:Bring a camera to capture the arid beauty from every angle...and plenty of sunblock for the intense sun!
SpiritualTrekker's Related Pages
Albuquerque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of our 50 is missing ......"
- "Albuquerque - Where I Live and What to See and Do"
- "Ever Expanding"
- "Albuquerque, New Mexico"
- "Albuquerque - It's a great place!"
- "Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta-Festival Extraordinaire"
- "A place to celebrate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albuquerque
- Hotels in Albuquerque
- Transportation in Albuquerque
- Nightlife in Albuquerque
- Restaurants in Albuquerque
- Shopping in Albuquerque
- Warnings and Dangers in Albuquerque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albuquerque
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Albuquerque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albuquerque
Top 5 Pages
- Somerset Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Albuquerque Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Pittsburgh 1 review
No friends yet.