"The Andaman Islands" Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands by illumina

While on the Andamans, we visited Port Blair, Ross Island, Havelock Island and Neil Island.

After a blissfully relaxing time, we flew to Chennai

Since there is no separate page for Neil Island, I will write about it here (for Ross Island, see Port Blair).

Neil Island (pictured here and above) is a small triangular island to the south of Havelock, and is much much quieter than its neighbour. There are very few shops, and no parties advertised; this is just a place to lie in a hammock all day, perhaps do a bit of snorkelling.

• Last visit to Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Mar 2009
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Thanks for these posts. I'll have to come back and read more since I might be passing through there soon

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2012 at 5:25 AM

That’s a fascinating photo of Nature reclaiming the old settlement on Ross Island. The Cocon Huts on Neil Island look intriguing, too.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2010 at 7:10 AM

This looks really nice. I was not aware that there was a ferry service out there. i think that sounds very interesting.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Hhahahahah! Lizard on a Ketchup bottle! This is Indian village. But I believe you enjoyed the meal. I am waiting to see your Kolkata page. You should have contacted me in Kol.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I wish I had more time for travelling! It looks wonderful to lie in a hammock under the palmtrees on the beach.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Wow Joss! You made a trip to the Andaman & Nicobar Islands!!? And I thought living in Papua New Guinea was remote! Thanks for the excellent tips and photos - I envy your experience!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Joss, your story has brought those islands a bit closer to me.... Thanks and ~ good luck in the future!

illumina

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”

Badges & Stats in Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Have you been to Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands?

Latest Activity in Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands