"Southampton" Top 5 Page for this destination Southampton by illumina
Southampton Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 173 photos
I lived in Southampton for a year between Sep 1999 and Sep 2000, while I did my MA at Southampton University. I lived in halls just off the Avenue, which was very convenient, both for my campus and for the town centre.
I was very lucky, as just over the road was Southampton Common, a lovely park to roam around in, which also contains the Old Cemetery.
Southampton's a really nice place for the visitor as well - plenty of good shopping, lots of historical sites to visit, and easy to relax in. It is absolutely full of parks and green spaces; great for a bit of a sit down before you move on, or a place to lie around and enjoy the sunshine, or even somewhere to take a picnic.
- Pros:A very green city, full of parks
Keep going along the walls from the Forty Steps until you come to an old wooden door with a large padlock. This is the... more travel advice
After leaving Arundel Tower, follow the western walls, which unlike the 13th century north walls were constructed after... more travel advice
illumina's Related Pages
Southampton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Southampton: Gateway to the World"
- "Southampton: Home of the Queen Elizabeth 2"
- "Southampton home port of the Titanic & Benny Hill"
- "Southampton - my home for 3 years."
- "Flying Visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Southampton
- Hotels in Southampton
- Transportation in Southampton
- Nightlife in Southampton
- Restaurants in Southampton
- Shopping in Southampton
- Warnings and Dangers in Southampton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Southampton
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Southampton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southampton
Photos in SouthamptonSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampi Intro, 49 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khajuraho Intro, 47 reviews, 85 photos
- Varanasi Intro, 44 reviews, 77 photos
- Rome Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Butrint Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 32 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 49 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue