"Delhi" Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi by illumina

Delhi Travel Guide: 1,724 reviews and 4,288 photos

This was my first time in India, and in fact Asia (unless you count briefly crossing the Bosphorus!). We stayed a few days in Delhi, to see the sights, and simply to acclimatise me. A bit of a shock to the system at first, perhaps, but I was soon enjoying myself!

From Delhi, we caught the train to Agra

• Last visit to Delhi: Feb 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2010

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Today i know the real Delhi name, before that i thought it is Dehli. thank you for made good page.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Your great page on Delhi brings back many good memories from my trip here in 2009. Cheers, M.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2010 at 5:46 AM

I've never seen "Slumdog Millionaire", but maybe I should watch it before going to India.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2010 at 6:55 PM

One of the best page on Delhi, like Lynne's. It was a good idea to include modern occupants of Lal Quila. Very nicely history told. Little Catty means ( Little Sour)I agree with correctness of Warning of danger tips. They dont' even spare us!

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Nice pics & explanations. Well done :) D

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Nice page and info on Red Fort, Joss. The Delhi Gate was completed in 1569. Good pics.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Delhi was an amazing place, almost sensory overload. BTW, I have looked over many of your India photos - very well done. Our '08 trip was our first to India, and I can say that we probably need to go back someday.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I'm looking forward to see Delhi. Hotel Vishal can't have been bad as your partner returned even after being bitten by a rat!

illumina

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”

Badges & Stats in Delhi