"Havelock Island - Andaman Paradise" Havelock Island by illumina
Havelock Island Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 157 photos
If you're looking for pure white beaches, palm trees, and turquoise seas that are as warm as a bath, and you'd like to get away from beaches heaving with tourists, then the Andaman Islands are for you. Peak season is around Christmas, when there would be a few more people, but when we went in March it was entirely possible to have a whole beach to yourself.
There's not a lot of sightseeing to do, other than exploring the beaches and coral reefs, but there's plenty of wildlife to look out for, including dolphins, flying fish, hermit crabs, lizards and sea snakes! There are domesticated elephants at Radha Nagar.
Radha Nagar (No 7 beach) is popular for swimming as it's the only place where the sea gets deep enough close to shore, so it's never really deserted, but it's hardly crowded, and the sunsets there are spectacular!
Back to the Andaman Islands
- In a nutshell:Palm trees, white sand, and turquoise seas... what more could you want?!
A particularly nice thing for children, you can have a ride on an elephant on Radha Nagar Beach (no. 7). There is a... more travel advice
If you want to go and do some proper swimming, Radha Nagar is the place to head for. While beautiful, most of the other... more travel advice
illumina's Related Pages
Havelock Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Havelock Island - Andaman Paradise"
- "Havelock Island."
- "Havelock Island"
- "Havelock - A Diver's Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Havelock Island
- Hotels in Havelock Island
- Transportation in Havelock Island
- Restaurants in Havelock Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Havelock Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Havelock Island
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Havelock Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Havelock Island
Photos in Havelock IslandSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampi Intro, 49 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khajuraho Intro, 47 reviews, 85 photos
- Varanasi Intro, 44 reviews, 77 photos
- Rome Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Butrint Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 32 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 49 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue