" Pécs, my beautiful home town " Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs by pecsihornet

Pecs Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 803 photos

I was born in Pécs, I finished my schools here, I played football in the local team, I live in the city centre, I hit upon my wife in the unversity - these are just few reasons while I so hold onto the city besides its beauty.
I am sure if you visit Pécs, you will also fall in love with the city.
So come to visit it, and be a Pécs-lover!

In 2010, Pécs will be the first Hungarian city to become European Capital of Culture, together with the German city of Essen and the Turkish metropolis Istanbul.
I invite you to come and enjoy the programs and discover the city.

• Intro Updated Jul 18, 2009

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I enjoyed your overview of Pecs, there seems to be a lot of history and variety there. I would have loved to had had more time on my last visit to Hungary.

• picek's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Very nice page! Thanks for sharing your local knowledge with us, off the beaten paths locations looks great. We too were thinking about visiting Villany wineyards on our last visit, but then we had gone to Danube instead. Next time! Planning to go back in green season.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 6:36 AM

nice to see yr page of a place outside Budapest! certainly looks like theres some interesting architecture here to get excited about!thanks for your good photos and page of info.

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2009 at 6:39 AM

I hope to make it to Hungary some day and to Pécs of course to fall in love with the city. It was nice to read about Evliya Celebi! Cheers, Pinar

• Apr 2, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Brilliant page. In my opinion when people think of Hungary they only think of Budapest, so it's great to finally find out about other towns, that's my mission anyway!

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Thank you for visiting my Laos and Lisbon pages. Pecs looks like a very pleasant town. Best wishes to you Gabor.

• HappyCaretta's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 1:45 PM

hey Pecs is a really very lovely city. i liked it so much . i think u should put the photo of nice Kiraly Utca :)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 6:53 AM

Hungary is indeed a beautifull country, thanks for sharing Pecs with us. ;-)

pecsihornet Lives Here!