"Lake Velence" Velence by pecsihornet
Velence Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
Lake Velence is an ideal resort from early spring until late autumn. This lake is rich in mineral substances and its silky water is refreshing and regenerating. The bird reserve, one third of the lake, covers the reed beds. The winds from the Velence Hills enable excellent sailing, and the reeds provide opportunities for fishing. The lake also offers winter pleasures. People skate and sail-sledge on its frozen water. In summer an excursion boat goes from the ports of Agárd and Velence to Szúnyog Island. Velence, one of the oldest resorts, established a yacht club 70 years ago. Protected wine cellars and press houses are found on the sunny side of Bence Hill, and there is a great view from the hilltop to the lake.
Martonvásár was twice visited by the great composer Beethoven. The Beethoven Museum in the Brunszvik Palace preserves... more travel advice
pecsihornet's Related Pages
Velence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake Velence"
- "Velence lake"
- "Hungary's second largest natural lake"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Velence
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Velence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Velence
Photos in VelenceSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Palermo Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Algarve Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Velence Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Manarola Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos