"Pakistan" Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan by Rumi-fan
Pakistan Travel Guide: 3,792 reviews and 8,366 photos
Raja Bazaar - Rawalpindi.
This gentleman was happy to oblige the tourist with a pic. I was impressed by the traditional dress and in particular the headress of this old man. The camel wanted to get to know me a little better so decided to lick my ear.
This dry area is in Punjab region around 1 hour from Islamabad. Time seems to have stood still in this region with farmers sowing crops by dispersing seed from a bowl held under the arm; water is drawn from the well; women washed clothes in the river and and men laze their time away under the cool of the trees discussing life (and cricket).
The clash of old and new can be seen in the young men who are all holding mobile phones to their ears while they sow crops or draw water.
These colourful trucks are my favourites. The often have a dozen men hanging off the sides and sitting on the roof. Once I saw a man lying on the front bumper bar. The trucks mostly have a verse of poetry or a proverb written across the back.
I never saw a "semi-trailer" or "road train" as we know them in Australia. All goods appear to be transported by these lovely trucks, or by carts pulled by a horse of donkey.
- Pros:Unequaled hospitality; very cheap, good quality consumables; amazing landscapes.
- Cons:Big cities polluted; too much litter around the environment.
- In a nutshell:Look beyond the media image of Pakistan and you will find some of the world's beautiful people and scenery.
Raja Bazaar is in Rawalpindi. Seething with people, you will discover ally ways stacked with good things to buy:... more travel advice
When visiting Mosques you must remove your shoes. Dont worry, you will get them back. The minders have amazing systems... more travel advice
Rumi-fan's Related Pages
Pakistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Mountain gods Pakistan"
- "Pakistan....from mountains through deserts"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's women's Pakistan off the beaten path"
- "A Westerners Point of View"
- "THE ENCHANTING BEAUTY OF PAKISTAN........."
- "Incredible Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pakistan
- Hotels in Pakistan
- Transportation in Pakistan
- Nightlife in Pakistan
- Restaurants in Pakistan
- Shopping in Pakistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pakistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pakistan
- 18 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Pakistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pakistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Seattle Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos
- Canada Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 2 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Manilla Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos