"Pakistan" Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan by Rumi-fan

Pakistan Travel Guide: 3,792 reviews and 8,366 photos

My time in Pakistan

Raja Bazaar - Rawalpindi.

Camel man in Punjab

This gentleman was happy to oblige the tourist with a pic. I was impressed by the traditional dress and in particular the headress of this old man. The camel wanted to get to know me a little better so decided to lick my ear.

This dry area is in Punjab region around 1 hour from Islamabad. Time seems to have stood still in this region with farmers sowing crops by dispersing seed from a bowl held under the arm; water is drawn from the well; women washed clothes in the river and and men laze their time away under the cool of the trees discussing life (and cricket).

The clash of old and new can be seen in the young men who are all holding mobile phones to their ears while they sow crops or draw water.

These colourful trucks are my favourites. The often have a dozen men hanging off the sides and sitting on the roof. Once I saw a man lying on the front bumper bar. The trucks mostly have a verse of poetry or a proverb written across the back.

I never saw a "semi-trailer" or "road train" as we know them in Australia. All goods appear to be transported by these lovely trucks, or by carts pulled by a horse of donkey.

• Pros:Unequaled hospitality; very cheap, good quality consumables; amazing landscapes.
  • Cons:Big cities polluted; too much litter around the environment.
  • In a nutshell:Look beyond the media image of Pakistan and you will find some of the world's beautiful people and scenery.
  • Last visit to Pakistan: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 9, 2009

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Hey Victoria, great pages of "Pakistan", with helpful tips and nice photos .. :)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I love both henna designs on your hands! my moroccan family used to do my hands or feet each time i visited and it takes forever but is beautiful!Hi have enjoyd a rtn to yr pgs to see yr tips again and some new ones since thanks!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Love cable cars!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 4:24 AM

Hi Victoria, Your Pakistan page looks fantastic. I liked your tips and photos as usual. Greetings from a beautiful spring day of Istanbul. Bora

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2009 at 5:36 PM

you reminded me of shopping and so many other things from pakistan. you have posted very nice tips and pictures - very personal indeed.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Wow! What a fantastic holiday Vicky. So much to comment on here :o) Your henna tatoos look lovely....and I had a laugh with you at your rickshaw experience :o) Loved the read! Cheers xx

• besal's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2008 at 4:43 AM

Good to know you enjoyed your visit to Pakistan...and are coming back for more. Have a safe and enjoyable stay in Pakistan. Amir

• Maxus's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2008 at 8:01 AM

cheers for the Pakistan info, I may be visiting later this year so it's useful stuff, thanks.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM

very nice photos and tips :O)

• Balam's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2007 at 5:13 AM

Your Pakistan tips are interesting. I bet it was a great experience.

Rumi-fan Visits Here Frequently!

Rumi-fan

“See the world, see life.”

Badges & Stats in Pakistan

Have you been to Pakistan?

Latest Activity in Pakistan