"Find yourself in hot water" Hot Water Beach by pedroswift

Hot Water Beach Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos

Some people might dig this beach more than I did

Hot Water Beach offers a do-it-yourself thermal experience. Is it a unique experience? I’ve heard of hot springs bubbling up from underwater vents in various places around our globe. However, walking down the beach with a shovel at low tide and digging in the sand to evacuate a hole big enough to lie down in and find yourself in a warm bath : not too many places can claim that.

Our visit to the beach in mid Autumn on a chilly day with a cool breeze adding a wind chill factor did nothing to invite me to participate in the digging and bathing activity. The world at the time was on Yellow Alert for dreaded Swine ‘Flue and I know we were more 'Germ Aware' than usual. I had read two signs on beaches along the coast about water quality. One definitely advised against entering the water at the particular site: the other indicated water quality was only checked in summertime. The fact that quality checks HAD to be made put some doubts in my mind. Although I did not see a sign on water quality at Hot Water Beach, “Wouldn’t warm water pools be a good place for bacteria to breed?” said I and beat a hasty retreat to the local café for coffee and cake muttering ,”Maybe, next visit!!??”

• Last visit to Hot Water Beach: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2009

• Colzy's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Ha! I visited in Summer and minus the Swine flu epidemic and it was lots of fun and very unique. Did you happen to visit the nearby Cathedral Cove? My husband and I got married there in 2005.

pedroswift

“"ski forever!" ski= spend the kid's inheritance”

Badges & Stats in Hot Water Beach

Have you been to Hot Water Beach?

Latest Activity in Hot Water Beach