"Ancy le Franc - Boat Stop" Ancy-le-Franc by pedroswift
Ancy-le-Franc Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos
There is a small port at Ancy le Franc with stone quay and steel inset mooring rings. Free power and water.
The Renaissance style Chateau d'Ancy (built 1544-1550) is well worth a visit. Compared to the Chateau de Tanlay (previous day's visit) it is in better condition and better patronised.
Town and chateau about 600 metre walk from the Canal de Bourgogne.
tnx Google Earth
The day's run from Tanlay to Ancy was 9 locks spread over 21 kms - departing 0900 arriving 1430 (with, of course, an hour for lunch in lock 82). This allowed us to visit the Chateau in the afternoon.
- In a nutshell:quiet port on the Burgundy Canal with chateau visit
pedroswift's Related Pages
Ancy-le-Franc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castle and old plates"
- "Stop for the Chateau"
- "ancy le franc"
- "Ancy le Franc - Boat Stop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ancy-le-Franc
- Hotels in Ancy-le-Franc
- Transportation in Ancy-le-Franc
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Bintan Hotels
- Guerrero Negro
- North Carolina Hotels
- Kirkby in Ashfield Hotels
- Isla de Lanzarote
- Clearwater Beach
- Fraser Island
- Laguna de Bay Hotels
- Cundys Harbor Hotels
- Lake Tahoe State Park
- Balmain Hotels
- Palm Springs
- La Playa de Mogán
- State of Punjab
Badges & Stats in Ancy-le-Franc
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Ancy-le-Franc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ancy-le-Franc
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 63 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 9 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue